Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woodsport Mk1 6 speed gearbox upgrade

stirling work , nice to see bearing correctly loaded,and oem spec part. i see you have #4 murphy, best hammers known to man
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Quote Originally Posted by stenky View Post
    How many C60 6speeds for mk1 have you alredy built Paul? I am just curious how special my car is going to be :D Since this upgrade is your invention, I doubt anyone else has done it besides you. Ok there are some C160 mods but these could be counted with the fingers on one hand.
    Given that MR2 of any kind is a rare car here, with this gearbox, it's going to be super unique :D
    I've built 6 of them up to now, 4 for guys in Canada and the US, the cheapest they can get it done over there is $4500 USD. I built one which went to Norway and one for a UK customer, it's not that popular here for some reason.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Cheers Paff/Ads, #4 Murphy? Is that the copper/leather one? Made by Thor believe it or not lol

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

lol, only adam would look at the hammer model :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Paff let's face it, it's the only tool these engineer types have! :)

I was an engineer and I never had one. I just stole other peoples :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased

Quote Originally Posted by Paff View Post
    I was an engineer and I never had one. I just stole other peoples :)
    The best engineers steal ideas from other people, then incorporate them into some thing unique just look at stephensons rocket that borrowed ideas from several other people's steam trains to make his faster as a whole.

Bit like this mod all these 3 gearboxes as separate parts go together to make a unique 6speed box, we need pics of it fitted and footage of driving, plus fuel economy in 6th.

True there tiggy. Its true with everything, improve on someone elses' idea.

I would never have built my v6 if I hadn't stolen Paul's info. Still want to build me LS series mk1 one day tho.

Paul, it would be good to see those pics but tbh I never thought about fuel economy myself. Perhaps thats why I'm broke, student driving a 3.8 V6 ute lol ah so thats where my money goes. rekon we can find a way to make my car more fuel efficent before I convert to a V8 :)

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased

Shame you can't get 180BHP out of the 4a-ge by just a few add-on's otherwise coupled with this gearbox there would be no need to transplant.

Alan...

the best addon is to take the 4a out and bolt on a better engine to some mounts you have welded into the car. hey its bolt on isn't it :D

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast