thread: Under dash subwoofer

Apr 2010
    Walsall, West Midlands

Under dash subwoofer

I need to fit a 8" or 10" subwoofer in a MK3, but not nessarily in the bins behind the seats.

I keep hearing of a Subwoofer encloser that fits under the dash above the pedals, but I can't find anyone who sells this ?

What other options are there, and does anyone know where to buy this under dash subwoofer?

Thanks in advance.:icon_biggrin:

May 2007
    Wellington,New Zealand
    if its going there, your probably making it...

I would be most likely use the glove box...I know there is no space for one under the dash of an SW..

you might get away with a "floor box", build a false floor in the passengerside footwell, and use that volume for the encloseure, wont be a big box. but it might be the only way...depending on the sub mounting depth. Id show you a pic but dont have any handy to make it obvious what I mean
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Mar 2012
    Huntingdon
    Not come across that mate, the other option would be an under seat subwoofer fitted under the passenger seat, as the drivers side has the height adjustment.

Not heard any, so couldn't comment what they are like but I have read up on a few previously and some get some good reviews. Just do a google search.

Beany

Mar 2012
    Huntingdon
    The other thought I had was to build a box behind a rally style navigators foot rest in the passenger footwell. It would depend on how tall your passengers were going to be, I guess. Lol.

Apr 2010
    Walsall, West Midlands
    Its just crazy why there is not a regular company out there with ready made solutions ?

Jan 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Its just crazy why there is not a regular company out there with ready made solutions ?
    That would take the fun out of it....

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    It just doesn't count unless you build it yourself.

;)

Sep 2007
    stockport
    I have what is called a land mine subwoofer sits under the passenger seat, young lady's have to be over 18 to sit there and listen to some drum and bass.

Apparently it makes them smile a lot god knows why?

Sep 2010
    east sussex
    http://www.4smartcar.com/servlet/the...er-Dash/Detail
    http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthr...bwoofer%20dash
    You could see if there going to make some more on spyderchat .

Patrick

Apr 2007
    South London
    You might want to go over to mr2roc.org and look up nathanmr2. He makes them and sells one or two on there. You'll need a 165mm sub driver, JL audio make some nice ones that fit, also a mon amp, which you probably already have. ( If not, I think I have one somewhere)
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

•