Thread: Fuel pump options

Fuel pump options

I've been looking at various fuel pumps for a possible 3VZ swap, which will be done on a very tight budget, and to save a few pennies I have wondered at the possibility of using a pump from a scooby or Evo as these look very similar to a walbro and both produce around the 200+ Bhp mark so should be able to supply enough fuel. But the best bit is they seem to be available from about £10 posted.

Does anyone know if these would work with a 3VZ for pressure and flow with a FPR?

I wouldn't bother your going to give your self more hassle than what you would save in pennies, a second hand mk2 in tank turbo pump would be fine.
    If you are going to go different I think you have to go over 187lph a wallbro is 255lph and I think a turbo was in the 200 s any thing that's going to be happy supplying fuel for roughly 200bhp should be fine, some people I've heard gut the in car pump and use an inline pump to the fpr .

We use the standard MR2 N/A pumps on 3VZ swaps.

There's a lot of talk about using a turbo pump or a walboro, but to be honest I've never seen the need for it in 6 swaps.

If you're going fast road or track toy then by all means your level of tuning might require a better pump.

But a 3VZ-FE wont make much more than 200bhp without some serious mods by all accounts. They are 185bhp on a good day, plus any adjustments you make on the swap such as k&n, exhaust mods and of course EGR and hot air pickup removal.

Chris.

use the 3vzfe pump if poss, otherwise the above.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

ok thanks for the sound advice