Thread: lower control arms MK2

lower control arms MK2

Guys,

Are all the front lower control arms from the different revs the same/ freely exchangeable?

thanks.
    Don't shoot the messenger!

Look like same part for all revisions:

Quote Originally Posted by toyodiy.com
    Part 48068-17030 (ARM SUB-ASSY, FRONT SUSPENSION, LOWER NO.1 RH) was found on the following models:

Date range Model Frames/Options Found in diagram
    12/1989-07/1999 TOYOTA MR2 SW20 48-02: FRONT AXLE ARM & STEERING KNUCKLE

I only reckon the hubs changed on the diferent revs for abs sensors the rest I bet was the same bits, knowing Toyota they don't like reinventing the wheel if they can use parts from an earlier rev they will do.

If you have both look at them if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    I only reckon the hubs changed on the diferent revs for abs sensors the rest I bet was the same bits, knowing Toyota they don't like reinventing the wheel if they can use parts from an earlier rev they will do.

If you have both look at them if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

The thing is I have learned something.... I should have untightend all the suspensions bolts a little before I removed the total rear supspension and removed all bushings....

Its to dangerours now to crawl under the car and losen them while the car is on jack stands.... Also the space is very limited, so not much space to use cheater bars or what so ever....

I want to bring everything to the sandblaster/ powdercoater and then place everything back, of all the other suspension parts I got extra's, it would be to big of a waste of money of time to do the arms in a second run.
    Don't shoot the messenger!