Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Erratic Overheating

Rouge motorsport is around the Midlands area.

Has it been beld through properly? I found that if you don't get all the air out they will boil. It can be particularly difficult to bleed the heater matrix. I found the best way was to run the car with the rad cap off and just increase the revs to push the water round. That coupled with squeezing the rad pipes as part of the process eventually got all the air out of mine.

Yes, I've had it vacuum filled with coolant. It does the same thing every time. It will run for 100 mile, no issues. Switch off for an hour then go again. No heater and cold radiator. Header tank full of water.

You had the system pressure tested? Swapped the rad cap?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

I swoped the rad cap 18mths ago for a TRD 1.3 bar cap. Not had a pressure test yet.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement radiator bleed valve for a standard aw11 radiator?

replace the o-ring; the valve itself is probably fine
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Has anyone used Evans waterless coolant on here? It looks like my last resort to get the car on the road for the moment. Had the radiator pressure tested, head gasket changed, head skinned, thermostat changed and rad cap replaced. But it still chucks water out the expansion bottle and cold radiator after a couple of runs.

I use waterless coolant in mine. It's pink, not sure of the brand..

Am I right in saying that the system no longer pressurises? Therefore eliminating air locks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast