Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: GavDavs Mk2 2gr-fe swap

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Within limits! jesus i was nearly throwing an anchor out of the window mate, the brakes are shite!

I would say they are well below stock brakes performance at present, probably just needs bleeding or something you know.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Within limits! jesus i was nearly throwing an anchor out of the window mate, the brakes are shite!

I would say they are well below stock brakes performance at present, probably just needs bleeding or something you know.
    I would say they are progressive :)

There is sufficient grip in them, but there is a whole load more pedal travel in it than in other cars so yes - definitely getting new fluid.

Does anyone know if Wilwood do rear calipers with the handbrake component such that I can swap to wilwoods alround ?

Gavs

i drive an MKII MR2 with a 2gr and stock brakes. in good repair they are sufficient for street use. track use would require bigger brakes.

you should just look at fixing the problem with the stock setup instead of upgrading. the MR2 has pretty amazing brakes from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    i drive an MKII MR2 with a 2gr and stock brakes. in good repair they are sufficient for street use. track use would require bigger brakes.
    you should just look at fixing the problem with the stock setup instead of upgrading. the MR2 has pretty amazing brakes from the factory.
    I think today it just got MOT'd.
    I'm going to talk with them again tomorrow when they've had a closer look.
    It may indeed just need some basic attention.

Forgot to mention -
    - they were impressed with the actual engine conversion - not really a surprise as it's a f*cking work of art.
    - The guy I deal with did a silly thing. He put his foot down in second gear 'just to see what the brakes are like' on a 100m dead-end strip of road just outside their garage.. The flux capacitor hit 1.21gigawatts, the world became a blur and he now needs new underwear.
    Last edited by gavsdavs; 26-11-2012 at 19:15.

In all seriousness Gav, Gouky is right, stock brakes are brilliant, yours are terrible... i'm very surprised they passed to be honest.

Just change the fluid and have them bled, that's probably all it needs.

Oh dear, full throttle in second gear... no wonder he filled his huggies.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    In all seriousness Gav, Gouky is right, stock brakes are brilliant, yours are terrible... i'm very surprised they passed to be honest.

Just change the fluid and have them bled, that's probably all it needs.
    Maybe I haven't noticed them deteriorate - but I can't help but think they've always been like that. Will get new fluid put in.

Bit disappointed over the ABS. Would be useful.

Oh trust me mate, i've driven literally hundreds of Mk2s, there is something very wrong with your brakes at the moment, wish i'd had time to look at them for you, they probably just need bleeding, you will notice a huge difference after it's fixed.

Rev 5 calipers with carbotech pads, pretty fricking awesome combination if I say so myself!
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

shite brakes and 2gr power in second gear= recipe for disaster are you positive the skid marks were black not brown and he was wearing cycle clips.

the foolish boy 2nd gear is stupidly fast after the silly short first then third gear is hahahahahaha weres my licence gone 4th is oh look pretty blue lights in the rear view mirror 5th gear is why has the world stopped and all the other cars are in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by gavsdavs View Post
    The guy I deal with did a silly thing. He put his foot down in second gear 'just to see what the brakes are like' on a 100m dead-end strip of road just outside their garage.. The flux capacitor hit 1.21gigawatts, the world became a blur and he now needs new underwear.
    I laughed my ass off when I read that

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno