Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Thread: GavDavs Mk2 2gr-fe swap

"Innit" does indeed mean "isn't it". Comes from young UK born Indians/Pakistanis who use it excessively as both a statement and a question.

Paul, not sure what caused the midsection gasket to give out. (It was only one, not both). I heard it blowing for a few weeks. Thankfully I had some of those flexible ones in hand from last time.

On the subject over 'oversized things you've had to move in your mr2' - Happy Christmas !
    https://goo.gl/photos/1S4DowRyviEcjE1o7

Gav out of interest what flywheel are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by MRV6 View Post
    Gav out of interest what flywheel are you running?
    Fidanza....same as you ?

Thanks mate, I'm going back to a turbo flywheel.

Thanks mate, I'm going back to a turbo flywheel.
    Why the change ? Considered a twin plate or a different friction plate ?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Better torque in the mid and upper range with the heavier fly Gav.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Er, better torque in the mid and upper range with the heavier fly Gav. When I had the 1mz in I had bags more torque with the heavier flywheel and I think a supercharged 2gr doesn't really need a light flywheel.

Er, better torque in the mid and upper range with the heavier fly Gav. When I had the 1mz in I had bags more torque with the heavier flywheel and I think a supercharged 2gr doesn't really need a light flywheel.
    You are adding (parasitic) rotational mass, it's not going to add power or torque.

I suspect it will give you a smoother idle and the initial feeling of more torque as you change into the next gear (when you declutch and the energy comes out of the flywheel into the gearbox) - but you're not going to get more power or torque on a dyno.

I think i'd have to see before and after dyno plots to believe it makes any difference to absolute power output.

Two rolling road runs one with the heavier fly on and more torque.