Thread: How the hell dyou get polybushed engine mount bolts in??

How the hell dyou get polybushed engine mount bolts in??

Hey folks,

Getting close to completion and hit a snag. Engine mounts are polybushed but I'm struggling to get the centre bolt in thru the mount n the bracket, I've bolted and tightened the brackets to the box and the mounts to the chassis and subframe respectively and just trying to use jacks and my mates to rock the engine so that I can get bolts in. I've managed one but can never get the other.

Any ideas?

What bushings are you using?

Make sure you got the piece of metal pipe in there....

Also you could try mounting the front one tight.... then give the bolts on the subframe of the rear frame some slack and then attach the main bolt and then evenly re-tighten the three bolts that attach it to the subframe...

if that doesnt give enough slack do the same with the front engine mount, give the mount some slack aswel then tighten the main bolt, then tighten the rear main bolt and then evenly re-tighten the bolts of the engine mounts that connect them to the frame.
    Don't shoot the messenger!

Quote Originally Posted by MMaddict View Post
    Also you could try mounting the front one tight.... then give the bolts on the subframe of the rear frame some slack and then attach the main bolt and then evenly re-tighten the three bolts that attach it to the subframe..
    That's how I've fine them in the Past.

Put the front mount bolt in finger tight.

Slacken the three bolts through the subframe right back and put the long bolt through almost done up.

Them tighten those three bolts evenly until the mount seats.

It ain't gonna move much after that....

C.

Cheers for the advice guys spot on as always got it in...but as a new thread will show, not out the woods yet :(