Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay NA exhaust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ebay NA exhaust

Anyone with experiance with the Ebay NA exhausts?

Wanted to know how noisy they are compared to OEM NA. Need to pass a conversion test with it....

Don't shoot the messenger!

The one pictured is pretty loud if it's anything like the one we stuck on JapScrap!

Certainly not stealth!!!

C.

That exhaust on a V6 will make your ears bleed, they are excessively loud IMO.

An n/a mongoose or n/a blueflame will be okay. Also have you thought about a Mk4 Golf R32 exhaust and modding to suit? (shouldn't need much at all)

I had the same exhaust on mine which Chris fit on pats car..
    It's loud full stop. Loud on idle..loud when pottering about and mega loud when going at speed..
    I had to turn stereo up to drown the noise.. and having a conversation was like shouting at a football match..

Guess I wont be buying that than.

Cheapest mk4 R32 exhasut I could find was 385 quid with out postage. For a second hand.... little to expensive for a second hand back box.

Quote Originally Posted by MMaddict View Post
    Guess I wont be buying that than.

Cheapest mk4 R32 exhasut I could find was 385 quid with out postage. For a second hand.... little to expensive for a second hand back box.
    Try the R32 owners forums and put in a wanted advert. I picked mine up for £50 and had numerous offers from others who wanted the same amount.

The design of the box lends itself well to the Mk2. And with the valve that operates at higher revs means you get the best of both worlds. Quiet majority of the time and opens up when you give it some beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Try the R32 owners forums and put in a wanted advert. I picked mine up for £50 and had numerous offers from others who wanted the same amount.

The design of the box lends itself well to the Mk2. And with the valve that operates at higher revs means you get the best of both worlds. Quiet majority of the time and opens up when you give it some beans.

Lee I like and appriciate your way of thinking!

Its just that if i'm going for another exhaust it has to be stainless..... (maybe Ill weld in the Vacum valve on a later stage :) )

One of my plans was to find a couple of BMW - e34 or e36 - rear boxes, and have one coming out each side.

Nice and quiet around town, but a nice rasp on full beans.

Just found a nice pair on eBay - item 280919098060

In case it helps.

C.
    Last edited by cdwood2010; 07-08-2012 at 01:13.

Or a TT 3.2 Exhaust Lee....

I have one waiting to be modded for my 3vz...

I have a Motoria turbo version of that cheap eBay exhaust and it is 104dB at idle......... ~130dB at full chat in a tunnel... so my dB meter told me.

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post
    Or a TT 3.2 Exhaust Lee....

I have one waiting to be modded for my 3vz...

I have a Motoria turbo version of that cheap eBay exhaust and it is 104dB at idle......... ~130dB at full chat in a tunnel... so my dB meter told me.
    There is a motoria turbo for sale at the dutch forum, they strongly adviced me not to use it on a V6.

So wont buy the ebay one netheir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast