Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new project

Sounds interesting, sadly im not in tomoz till the afternoon but I will have some interesting things by then.

Haven't done a lot on the car recently because ive been working on other peoples cars but I have fitted one new front wing
    and tried wrapping a few things

Not sure about the colours though. I bought another mk1 the other week off imoc so that is going to take up lots of my time as I want it as a daily drive and get rid of my tdi golf as its boring , so the 1.5 will just have to get put in the garage for a bit

That looks ace mate loving the red carbon wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    That looks ace mate loving the red carbon wrap.
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what is red carbon wrap?

Its red or burgundy carbon sticky backed plastic they do it in all sorts of colours and this is some I had left over. I think the rear screen trim does look good wrapped in black problem is you can get carried away i've wrapped half the interior for my new car thats arriving Saturday. That car will make snowtiggers car look standard

This stuf mate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-x-80-40...c46bbeb&_uhb=1

It's a simple vinyl [sticky back plastic' that has properties that make it hardwearing, durable and mega-flexible when heated.

When you see a matt black or shiny silver car it is often wrapped as the same finish can't be achieved by spraying.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

I saw a chrome wrapped Bentley the other day and a silver carbon wrapped A4 both looked minging

Ok .... now I understand.

Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123