Thread: Stupid question.

Stupid question.

If the black top head flows way better than the gte head, why not use the black top head?

SPYDERMAN

Firstly try finding a blacktop head.. secondly it's not as strong as the 3s, 3rdly.. are us sure it will bolt on to a 3s and work properly..

Blacktop has a longer stroke on the valves due to higher lift cams.. so aren't they going to touch the pistons in the 3s on full chat..

Quote Originally Posted by mrT View Post
    Firstly try finding a blacktop head.. secondly it's not as strong as the 3s, 3rdly.. are us sure it will bolt on to a 3s and work properly..

Blacktop has a longer stroke on the valves due to higher lift cams.. so aren't they going to touch the pistons in the 3s on full chat..
    I'm not sure. There has been other forums that brought this up. It seems like such a great idea. The fact that the blacktop is built to be an should matter since we're only dealing with the head. I think for a stock boost level, it would be insignificant and too costly. But for people who are looking for more, it might show a big difference. IMO.

SPYDERMAN

I know blacktop has been turbo'd and sc'd , so I guess it can take some punishment but haven't seen or heard of one being used on a 3s gte, plus since the blacktop was not built in same quantity as the 3sgte , getting a blacktop might be an issue too..