Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my 3rd gen 3sgte powered MRS

Do you notice the extra weight or does the extra power make it irrelevant?

SPYDERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by nu_york View Post
    Do you notice the extra weight or does the extra power make it irrelevant?

SPYDERMAN

well i didnt notice anything since i didnt drive the car much, and the times i drove it i didnt push it since i had the overheating problem. But once i get at 100% ill post videos and let you know. Any updates on your swap

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Just in case your aftermarket temp gauge is telling you lies, you can get the stock Mk3 dash working by simply putting the Mk3 EFI sensor into the cooling system, run one of its wires to earth(brown wire) and the other to the Y/R wire on pin C14 on the Mk3 ECU, that's the third plug down. The ECU will then send the correct signal to the dash, it will also get your cooling fans working properly. Just make sure the old Mk3 ECU still has its power feeds,ignition feeds and earths.

This is how all V6 Mk3 swaps are wired.
    One question paul, do i use the 3sgte coolant sensor or the mk3 ?

also to connect the stock the ecu all the igntions feed or just the ignition switch? becuase power is just pin1 on the first plugs and the grounds are easy tp fond since i got the ecu pin outs.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Use the Mk3 EFI sensor.

There is a battery live and an ignition live feed on the top plug.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

hmm when you talk about the mk3 efi sensor , you mean the engine coolant sensor (ECT) right? I was thinking at first that you meant the EFI Relay, because i never heard of a efi sensor . Sorry if i keep sounding repetitive Thanks again paul.i think i got this figure out now.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yes we call it the EFI temp sensor, also known as ECT, the Mk3 only has one temp sensor on the engine anyway.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

well no good updates, i ve been searching for my stock ecu and stock wiring harness and cant seem to find it .The car is also leaking gas from one of the lines that connects to the fuel pump. My local part stores dont carry it and a toyota dealership takes 2 weeks to get it.:icon_sad:. Time to check in the junkyards, maybe they have the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    The turbo engine will lunch the na box and the mk3 box is as good as chocolate frogs when loads of power is put through it, the e153 has bigger shafts ooh er, you could always get some drive shafts made to fit.

There was one other mk3 years ago that was fitting a turbo into it but whent a bit quiet.
    There might have been another one completed by now tiggs, i did ask this guy about 2 1/2 year ago to book my mk3 in for a 3sgte swap, have not heard anything more from him for about a year but hey ho! ( not pointing any fingers like mr woods) lol

Time for another update!I replaced my previous gt3071r 3sgte (overheated) for another 3rd gen 3sgte but this time i left everything stock except a aftermarket intake and downpipe. Replaced all the needed stuff and installed it back on the mr2. I attempted to re wire my stock mk3 tempt gauge but i couldnt find any local junkyard that had the wiring harness and ecu. I still cant figure out what happen to my original ones ....
    So since i was worried about my aftermarket sensor reading inaccurate , i bought a new sensor for my current gauge and prosport temp gauge and sensor.

I also purchase a adapter for the sender. it looks like this. (this are not my pictures)

And installed it like this. (also not my picture)

i also did some modificattion to the water pipe thats goes to thermostat.
    They way we had it before, the pipe was really close to my downpipe. maybe thats why it overheated

but when we installed the new engine we route it different, i was a bit skeptical on messing with my firewall but i really think it was for the best.

i had more pictures on my phone but i had to reboot it since the update they send me made my phone glitch like crazy, and lost all of the picture of the swap process.

i had finish the swap a few weeks ago but i been real busy and took me awhile to put the rest of the car together.

Installed my Hallman MBC with the cabin adjuster

Bought some new oem floor mats and got a leather shiftboot, handbrake cover and handle from redline.
    I havent installed them yet though. I also got F sport shift knob from a is250

installed CHE FSTB AND RSTB

I cleaned her up and took her for a drive.

the car runs great! The ct20b is great turbo for everyday driving, i dont have to downshift to change lanes or pass someone up. but on the other hand the gt3071r was more fun on the highway. As for the temperature my first guage reads bewteen 180-195 , the sensor is located int the coolant housing where the stock sensor goes.
    The prosport gauge reads 165 - 176 and the sensor is located here..

The engine does not have a thermostat! so iam wondering if thats normal tempt for a 3sgte. iam a bit worried since i have mishimoto radiator and its bigger then the stock one. Maybe I need to add some fans to the engine bay? So far it hasnt gone above the tempt 195 on the first gauge and 176 on the prosport. The coolant reservoir tank is not overflowing or boiling, maybe iam just paranoid.... Either way the car is only a weekend car since it doesn't have the ac hooked up. Here are few more pics i have with my bro 3sgte celica

Vid???

SPYDERMAN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast