THIS WAS MY OLD SET UP, IT ONLY LASTED ME 3 MONTHS DUE TO A OVERHEATING PROBLEM I COULDNT FIX.

Aug 26, 2011
I wanted to share my project with yall , it all started when I wanted a bit more power and decided to do a 2zz swap. I purchased a 2zz of craigslist and the swap kit of monkeywrench.com. After gathering all the parts and installeda new oil pump and water pump I decided to install the engine. The engine ran fine for days until it started knocking, the bearings were gone. I didnt know what to do, I could have just put back the 1zz and sell the remainig parts but I found a good deal on another 2zz on a local junk yard. Long story short that engine didn't last more then a week and the junk yard would only give me credit so I let my bro have the credit and just to pay me. At this point I was about to put the 1zz back, but my bro decide to give me the gen 3 3sgte hee had purchased from a silver a celica. We had the crazy idea to swap the 3sgte in the mrs.

stock

Wheels and coilovers

Taking down the 2zz

Our helper

Getting the 3sgte ready

3sgte is in!

Well some details about the swap. Iam using a 3rd generation wrc 3sgte with 268cams, ats cam gears, brand new toyota headgasket and arp headstuds. Everything else in the block is stock. I have a gt3071r turbo kit and also using a celica gt transmission . I tried to use every part I had available , the gt transmission works with the mrs axles . The only problem is that the shifting mechanism is facing the wrong way , a NA mk2 mr2 transmission will fix that since the mechanism is facing towards the cabin. But I don't want to buy another transmission so iam just going to transfer the mrs shifting mechanism to the gt. Is not plug and play but nothing a little welding can't fix. I know the e153 is a WAY BETTER but it is expensive, I would have to get custom axles , shifter cables a new clutch and a transmission. Hopefully the gt transmission can handle the abuse for a few months.I had to get custom mounts and cut the cross member a little bit. what am most excited about is that the ac is going to work! My previous celica didn't have ac and it was terrible . Now a small update

Some final testing fitting with the cross member on.

Wiring ready to put in

iam thinking of putting the stock wheels back

Or konig wideopen 15x8