thread: Nick's 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon Swap!

Nov 2012
    Hampshire
    Curious to know if this swap get fixed in the end after all that effort?.... and Monkeya your inbox is full.

Jul 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Yo.

Nah, still got running issues with it over-fuelling. It's an electrical issue of some sort, related to the wiring loom I suspect as I had to give it a certain amount of contortion when I fitted the supercharger. I've had zero time or interest this year tbh, but am beginning to get my motivation back again. First job will be to tidy up the garage, then I'm going to remove the loom on top of the engine, de-tape it and check all the wires and connections. If I can't see anything wrong then I will admit defeat and send the car to Patrick, else it'll be another year lost... not that I would have had any time to drive it!!!

I'll go delete some PM's!

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    Yay. We need more pics. :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jul 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Guess what. I think I've fixed my long running saga with over fuelling and not going into closed loop. Found a good guide to check afr sensors on toyotas, followed it all and found a very strange, minor shorting issue where on the multimeter it'd sound the continuity buzzer for a split second. Rewired it via an alternative method and as of this weekend, the over fuelling on one of the banks has disappeared and its staying in closed loop. Need to get it mot'ed now so I can try it on the road. Fingers crossed....
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

Mar 2012
    Rotherhithe
    +1, well done.

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    Brilliant. We still need more pics!

:)

Jul 2007
    Hertfordshire
    I will, once I can get it out of the garage! Have to clear the drive now, it's been that long since it was last out, lol.
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

Jan 2009
    East London
    Great news
    Mk1 3VZFE White
    Mk2 3SGE Red (TRD2000GT No.0001)
    Mk3 2GRFE Blue

•