Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon Swap!

Nah, we can probably get the tubby one machined to bolt on somewhere.

Hoping to get the Cammy done and out in the next few days, will be starting the 2GR then.

I need to check that my gearbox is LSD, I'm worried it isn't. After that I will bolt up the engine to the box an have a look at the shaft situation.

Like I said, don't struggle or fret, I or someone can always pop down and help out.

It's always darkest just before dawn.

:)

Went to Toyota today and ordered a couple of parts:

Replacement VVti oil pipe (metal-rubber-metal to all metal). - Part number 15772-31030 - £19.89 (+vat)
    Gasket for pipe x 2 - Part number 90430-16012 - £1.09 (+vat) each
    Gasket for pipe x 1 - Part number 90430-16016 - £1.04 (+vat) each

Oil filter - 04152-31090 - £9.27 (+vat)
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

And ordered two gearbox seals to replace my old ones, Fensport, £40 (ish). also my new aux drive belt arrived today, bought from Camskill, about £14. (6PK1462 is the product code).

Oh, and Walbro 255 pump ordered today! Temple tuning for £74.95 delivered (off ebay, their shop on there is £5 cheaper than on their website).

Photos of my email receipts? Lol

Some goodies arrived today!

Pump, belt and gearbox seals.

Now, onto my clutch. It's a RPS one from my MR2. I've no idea what version though?

Also, does it look worn? Again, I've no idea as never handled or changed a clutch before tbh.

Thoughts / advice?

Hi mate, I'm assuming that's your turbo clutch, any idea what BHP / torque your car was putting out?

Fitting a used clutch is always a bit of a gamble, but if you know it was sound and will hold the power then it's a pretty safe bet.

The clutch plate looks ok, ideally you're going by the meat left above the brass rivets either side.

Also give it all a blast of air and check for any physical damage.

Might be worth checking the thrust bairing too - a good one should be silky smooth and silent.

C.

Engine was was pretty standard, just the boost raised a little. 250bhp on the rolling road a few years back. Never had any issues with it, but not sure what it can take power wise. Can't find the original receipt either which is annoying.

Thrust bearing, how do I check that?

If you don't know the limitations in the clutch, I wouldn't risk it.

It probably has a resale value that will offset one that will work with the 2gr.

Thrust bearing you can feel - turn / spin the bearing in your hands, if it feels gritty it's on it's way out.

Silky smooth = very good.

Then again, if you change the whole clutch kit, it's a moot point!

:)

Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast