Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon Swap!

Also to save giving yourself a hernia trying to hump the box on, just make / get another trolley and wheel them together like so.....

Good idea, I do have two trolleys, one had the turbo engine on.
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

Question - Is it worth moving the fusebox from the engine bay into the boot? Any particular benefits?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    No, bad things will happen.

There is no point.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    No, bad things will happen. There is no point.
    We tried this (eventually with success) on Johns swap, and aside from giving you a bit more room in the engine bay and 'hiding' the fuse box in the boot there's no real advantage.

Personally though, I'm planning on moving mine into the boot, simply because I like the neatness.

I made a mistake with johns fuse box move and it took me a couple of weeks and a second set of eyes to spot it.

It's a pain to do if you get it wrong.

C.

Update time, it's been a while!

Gearbox is all on. Been working in the engine bay really, tidying up wires, putting all the fuel lines back together after dropping the tank. Sorted out my rear roll cage mounts in the firewall (couldn't get access before), and prepping the 2GR-FE with all it's bits and bobs. Run into an issue with the drivers side engine mount though, it clashes with the pulley wheel, as you can see in the attached photo:

Anyone else had this issue?

On another note, I had to splice out part of my fuel line, as it was heavily corroded (can't seem to find a replacement either). I've used proper fuel hose, with some braid for protection. I'm assuming this will ok, unless anyone else says different from experience?

It's smack bang in the middle of this photo:

Yeah everyone has to clearance the mount a bit. Grind until it clears with the mount in the furthest back position and it'll have good clearance in its installed position

Ok, cool, cheers, will get my engine mount grinded!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyra View Post
    Ok, cool, cheers, will get my engine mount grinded!
    yup. it was a decision i had to make early on. i could have mounted the engine slightly crooked in the chassis or require a touch of grinding. i went back and forth a bunch on this but decided i'd rather a bit of grinding and have the engine aligned properly. that way if anyone is running polyurethane mounts, it would still bolt in.