Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon Swap!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nick's *Supercharged* 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon Swap!

Firstly, thanks to Mr Woods for arranging and looking after the engine upon delivery, and then a massive thanks to cdwood2010 who then had the engine delivered to his place (Along with his 2GR-FE) and looked after it until yesterday upon where I hired a van, popped up to collect the engine, and Chris helped me unload it my end! One huge favour I now owe :)

So, I've finally got the beast into my garage

20120707_191738.jpg

Next step, buy an engine crane and sort my garage out so I've some working space!
    Last edited by Monkeyra; 05-07-2017 at 21:27.
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

My absolute pleasure sir! Glad that engine finally reached its destination, it's covered quite a few miles since it came out of the Sienna!

Having seen your garage I think you've got quite a challenge ahead, don't forget at some point you're going to be sitting on an engine and gearbox plus the 2Gr so it's going to be a squeeze.

If you can use that beam overhead then a block and tackle is going to save you a lot of room, you could probably pick up the whole rear end and get it to a working height.

Your real fun bits will be getting the 2.0 dropped out and manhandled away from the car, and of course getting the 2GR and box back into place.

Give me (or someone) a shout as those are deffo 2 man jobs. I've done them on my own in the past and although it's doable, you need to be in two places at once when lowering / raising an engine.

The other thought I had was that you could put some fix points on the side walks of your garage and then sit the car on a beam / bar so it wouldn't need to go on ramps or stands. I've seen that done before, and it means you can use notches to set the height you want the car at.

Any plop, keep us all updated and lets see some more pics of that car! Those wheels had me scratching my chin!

:)

Chris.

My rev1 tubby clip, what's the general consensus, worth more as a whole or broken for parts?

Broken probably for bits, shame if its a good shell as finding turbo mk2 shell unrusty I bet in the future are going to be harder and harder.

Is it? I thought a clip was the engine :rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyra View Post
    My rev1 tubby clip, what's the general consensus, worth more as a whole or broken for parts?
    Deffo parts. You can sell bits at stupid prices.

Engine (bare) will probably fetch £150-£200.

Is this your car? A clip is normally The engine and car chopped off! eeeek!

C.

It's just the engine I'm selling, just wondering how much to strip off it before I remove it from the car.

The engine block about £150 head about the same turbo any were from £30 to over £100 for a good hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyra View Post
    It's just the engine I'm selling, just wondering how much to strip off it before I remove it from the car.
    If you plan on trying to lift it out of the top (that will be snug!) then strip the ancillaries off both sides. Alternator, aircon (if fitted) manifolds etc.

I would strip the engine down to bare, anything that isn't sump, block or head you can remove. The wiring loom is worth a few quid, because if someone fits that engine to their tubby they will need their original loom and ancillaries etc usually.

The turbo plumbing / intercooler parts / turbo etc all fetch a few pounds, and as tiggs says, depending on what bits are some of them are quite sought after.

Have a rummage on eBay and of course feel free to consult on here.

C.

Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast