Thread: Vac diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfster View Post
    Cam cover on and trying to match up the remaining vacuum pipes. I need to get blanks for the ones that are gone withe egr valves. Also need to get an alternator belt. Is there a size for this? Any tips to watch out for at this stage?
    Not looking forward to the wiring!!
    Vacuum plumbing

Alternator belt

With the wiring, just test everything, double check it.

Did I send you the Mk2 wiring spreadsheet? Have a good read through it, so that you are familiar with the reasons for things etc.

I'm wiring up a 3VZ into build #4 this weekend, so an ideal time to pick my brains! If you get stuck anywhere or want to confirm things, just post a message preferably with pics.

My knowledge of wiring this engine into a mk1 is pretty thin, but we will all help where we can!

C.

charcoal canister diagram, if canister removed ~ plug off the BVSV + Throttle body hole. if removing egr plug other bvsv and throttle body hole.

making this thread for vac diagrams
    Last edited by adamh; 01-07-2012 at 22:18.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

I've just lowered the canister on it own bracket and run the AFM over it. Is there any advantage/gains in removing the canister?

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfster View Post
    I've just lowered the canister on it own bracket and run the AFM over it. Is there any advantage/gains in removing the canister?
    It's a bit of a debated subject.

People remove pipes and change the plumbing around the acis and vacuum components, but as yet nobody has proved a solution.

Paul woods has his own way of plumbing things, that seems to work, but he hasn't shared the whole picture.

I put two loops on the top of the throttle body and another small loop where the vacuum canister would go.

Works fine for me.

C.