Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: mr2 v6 fan controller wiring

The rubber looks broken on the top o ring :[ and the bottom rubber dont look much better :[ they spin around freely is that right?

looks like these o rings might be slightly different in size, i noticed when i moved some from the top to the bottom they would clunk in place, now i'm really p....ed, going to need a hole new set.

Take the O rings off the ones you can get at, and compare them with the original ones if you have them.

The injectors fit several engines from what I recall, identifying replacement O rings shouldn't be a problem. I have a good contact at Toyota if you need.

The injectors do move when installed but they should be snug, not flopping about.

C.

The new rings that I fit, from the new kit I got supplied.. felt slightly loose.. but I swapped them over as old ones felt bit brittle so replaced them.. after that once they plopped into place it was all good. Just had the issue with one injector but rest were good..

Just an update, I got new o-rings but most didn't pop in place, so in the end I had to give them a little tap with a small sized wackomita and they all popped down a little more and seem to have seated correctly now, but the bloody fuel started pissing out the end of the fuel rail :[ so I now need to replace the two seals either side of that! no doubt they will cost loads from toyota, odd looking alloy washer one side and a normal copper seal on the other.

Mine did that, are you using the original 90degree bend on the end of the rail? I had purchased a smaller elbow piece and basically it completely blocked the flow till it eventually forced the fuel past the washers. Managed to shoot petrol in my mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by Helter-Skelter View Post
    Just an update, I got new o-rings but most didn't pop in place, so in the end I had to give them a little tap with a small sized wackomita and they all popped down a little more and seem to have seated correctly now, but the bloody fuel started pissing out the end of the fuel rail :[ so I now need to replace the two seals either side of that! no doubt they will cost loads from toyota, odd looking alloy washer one side and a normal copper seal on the other.
    I may have those, give me a measurement across the middle of the washer.

C

Quote Originally Posted by racerADS View Post
    Mine did that, are you using the original 90degree bend on the end of the rail? I had purchased a smaller elbow piece and basically it completely blocked the flow till it eventually forced the fuel past the washers. Managed to shoot petrol in my mouth...
    lol not nice.

I have got the parts now and have sealed the fuel rail, but now i have a problem with it running, after doing the egr blanking plate it runs for about 6 seconds and seems to struggle with air and cuts out

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast