Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: mr2 v6 fan controller wiring

also something else to remember when wiring up the fan to run permanently. there are 2 wires on the fan and it will work either way round but I found it sucks air in going in one direction and blows out in the other direction, depending on which way round u wire it

Thanks Az, I was aware that the fans are a heat-sink and drag air away from the engine bay but I am fitting some engine lid fans so I was going to wire them in so I can easily test them before completing.

I also had a brain wave when fannying around with a heater control (let's make the most of it, it doesn't happen often :icon_redface:) If I used the air con switch from an import (I have a UK rev 5 n/a), I could try and cut it into the loom that sits in the radio aperture. It does have a plug on it which mates up with the air con switch but I don't know if it connects to a relay etc. or where it exits the loom - which may scupper me in practise - or I can run a simple fused feed to it. Any advice would help as it would look great re-using an OEM switch that is otherwise doing nothing.

@Helter-Skelter - Thanks for the advice on the control box, sounds like it can be binned if a manual control does the job just as well.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

John, I don't see why the oem aircon switch can not be used, the only things is the switch will most likely have multiple pins so you would have to use a multi meter to determine the pin functions on the switch, otherwise to make life easier you could always fit a switch above you right knee where the foglight switches are fitted

No problem I think it was either az or Paul that told me to bin it, it was making the engine behave really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Helter-Skelter View Post
    No problem I think it was either az or Paul that told me to bin it, it was making the engine behave really odd.
    could have been both mate..lol
    the fan controller if plugged in makes the car do allsorts,

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678