Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best ferrari F430 kit out there ?

Which is the best ferrari F430 kit out there ?

Hello all

I am looking to build a ferrari F430 spider.
    Which is the best kit out there, please take into consideration the price and build friendly?

So far I have seen;
    DNA
    Extreme
    Dave Jone- GTF kit
    C430
    Any more out there?

Has any one heard of www.supercarkits.co.uk the C430. Has anyone actually seen one of these kits based on a celica genearation 7.

Also can people comment on the power freindly upgrades that are availiable on all these donor cars; Peugeot 3.0 V6, Celica Gen 7, MR2 MK3 convertible.

Thanks in advance.
    :icon_biggrin:

Think you're asking the wrong peeps Kal, on here,re Ferrari rep's ! Engine upgrades, maybe. You will have the options of the same V6 engines if you go Celica based. Personally, I don't like the Peugeot - just doesn't seem right !!

Quote Originally Posted by kalsingh1 View Post
    Hello all

I am looking to build a ferrari F430 spider.
    Which is the best kit out there, please take into consideration the price and build friendly?

So far I have seen;
    DNA
    Extreme
    Dave Jone- GTF kit
    C430
    Any more out there?

Has any one heard of www.supercarkits.co.uk the C430. Has anyone actually seen one of these kits based on a celica genearation 7.

Also can people comment on the power freindly upgrades that are availiable on all these donor cars; Peugeot 3.0 V6, Celica Gen 7, MR2 MK3 convertible.

Thanks in advance.
    :icon_biggrin:
    This is my first post and I didn't think it would be about a kitcar, but, without a doubt, DNA produce the best 430 Spider replica on the kitcar market.

Extreme - don't produce convertibles. Coupes are fantastic, but a lot of work if you are a novice.
    Dave Jones - Way off in terms of dimensions
    C430 - hahaha, nuff said.

Go to the online DNA forum (www.dnaoc.co.uk) and you will see lots of happy customers and be able to ask them questions. Go to the kitcar shows and you can chat with the owners. If it were my money, it would go to DNA. I can advise you on this as I looked into this myself, and NO, I have nothing to do with DNA ;)

Welcome to the club, I think the dna kit looks pretty good there's one featured in kit car magazine this month if you want a look!

I agree the Extreme kit needs a lot of chopping, especially the boot floor and roof. That worries me about the safety of the structure, could be wrong!
    Someone out there must have had experience with these kits, let's hear it. This section on Replca's has been set on Two Brutal because there is a genuine interest in this and growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    Welcome to the club, I think the dna kit looks pretty good there's one featured in kit car magazine this month if you want a look!
    +1 and as this is the spider version the MK3 is the donor so it is a younger car and ALL the panels are removable. So this can be done as a home build and the quality of the kit is superb. Even in the flesh it takes the most discerning eye to tell it from the genuine article.

The Dave Jones F430 looks the nuts but I think he has moved on [correct me if I'm wrong] but he is a really knowledgeable and helpful guy who knows his product inside out and dimensionally it is proportion to the original even if it is not spot on.

I have seen many [and been involved] in a few kit car builds and whilst I can't comment on the other I can say what counts is the attention to detail. Don't skimp on anything and ensure that you do the interior and get it correct, the MK2 is a giveaway with the handbrake in the centre so no matter how much effort you put into this it always stands out like a Bishop in a Brothel raid.

If you want reall good advice from regular builders stateside and in the UK then go to http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/forum.php our own Sean is on there [Peggyontherun] and his build is worth checking out as the DNA kit is nowhere near as labour intensive as this but it gives you an idea of the commitment involved.

Any questions then I am HTH.

John.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Yes we like oddball things and there's a few replicas on here, hey they are mr2 underneath so still basically Toyota, we do love lots of different things kit cars,monster trucks , fit women naked,beer , wwe , don't say ballroom dancing or eastenders lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    Thank you Goldy :)

Here's a link to Complete Kit Car

Kalsingh1, there's a local fella (I'm in Essex) putting an Audi V8 into a MK3 which has one of these DNA 4Thirty kits. I have spoken with him and he had done a lot of research into these kits before ultimately purchasing from DNA. It's going to be a mad beast when it's completed. Take a look at Dangerrous on the DNA owners club forums, he has done most of the bespoke work himself.

Dave Jones has taken ownership of the 355 and 360 moulds again, but not the 430. That is now owned by MR2kits with new owner (the last owners were a waste of time) - I don't know how well he is running the business and if he has a demonstrator etc - the website is up & running. I'm sure Dave would give you any technical advice you needed to help make a decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast