Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MR2 MK2 Sills

Guys, Anyone interested to get these Laser cutted?

I don't know if any of you can do it them selves, if not and I can get the right angles I probably can get them made CNN folded aswell for normal prices. (not commercial from my end!)
    Don't shoot the messenger!

I would definitely be after a pair mate if you can get them produced.

Personally I think there is a market for a sill repair kit.

It's the main death of a Mk2, people just can't afford garage prices for getting the sills sorted, typically £400 upwards.

C.

theres a guy somewhere, on the mk1 club? here that used to make sills, wonder if he does mk2. nice work btw^^^
    Last edited by adamh; 01-07-2012 at 23:49.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Mine was suffering from bad sills, and had a hard time finding anybody willing to do it near me. The "toyota approved repair centre" locally asked me if I knew where to get repair panels from - so definitely a market for them. :)

Unfortunately mine had gone in the inner rear wheel arches too - which from what I've seen are a pig to replace and involve major work on the rear quarter panels, hence why I decided to scrap it. Weird since it still looked good/ok from the outside until you looked closely. I know what to look out for now if I get another - probably try and get a hard top model.

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm just wondering - with the new sill replacements does the new shape affect mounting of sideskirts?

For the most part if anyone was being really particular then this could help ease that 'problem'. I'm currently in the sill repair required group and it's really bothering me (since the engine whilst sound is not exactly putting out stock anymore...rev5!). I would definitely pay for some homebrew help since it's hard to justify the £500+ costs I'm hearing for a car that doesn't even perform to spec anymore.

In regards to the toyota sills. How much are they and could you not simply weld two together to make it the required full sill length (this might be a stupid question so apologies in-advance if it is!).

Just not feeling the MR2 at moment and if there are [affordable] solutions then that might be a starting point for me...

Has anyone made a real drawing of Trevs sill parts yet? (like .dxf)

(also, to open the files in the download section, what program where we supposed use again?)

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MMaddict View Post
    Has anyone made a real drawing of Trevs sill parts yet? (like .dxf)

(also, to open the files in the download section, what program where we supposed use again?)

Thanks.
    Not made a copy of them yet but I'm seeing a bodywork guy over the next few weeks who is going to give me a price to fab a 1 off set. Don't know how far I will get with them though.

I downloaded them in pdf format, Adobe Reader should work.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

I guess you are going to use it on your own car?

Any chance you could get like a correctly bended second set so someone can make a 3D drawing out of it with the right angles and everything? (I could ask someone if needed)

I wouldnt mind to pitch in financially if needed.

Would be nice if we can get kits that get auto 3D bended spot on.

Exactly what I had in mind, Vince. :thumbsup:

I was actually looking to get it fitted to mine when I have the arches done but I may not need them so I'll see how much the guy wants to make them for and let you know.

John.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast