Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New porsche Mirage project

i agree. you need the sound of two banks on a car like that. 2gr would be my choice.

i heard that i can modify the same engine installed on the car with aftermarket parts and get over 350hp .. im not quite sure .. thats what i heard .. i saw a couple of turbo kits also that could be installed on the 1zz engine that could boost the hp from 128 to 300 .. though i doubt it too .. my request is to buy a fully modified engine & transmission that ftis originally on the car without modifying the body .. i want to take out the eld engine and directly install the new one .. any ideas ? or sources that buy such things .?? i really need help on this one

.. uploading soon the massacre i've done with the car interior :-P

Now seeing the Porsche painted pictures in white and black looks much better go figure, perhaps it being in primer grey doesn't show it at its best, I'm not a big fan of Porsche rears any way but it's growing on me.

The 1zz/2zz turbo option at 300bhp is going to be all in a short power band near the top and unless you start spending mega money on internals you would be better shipping it to Woodsport and fitting a 2gr that thing deserves the raw umph the 2gr delivers.

here are some photos of the car interior and the changes made so far ...

Quote Originally Posted by princemd View Post
    i heard that i can modify the same engine installed on the car with aftermarket parts and get over 350hp .. im not quite sure .. thats what i heard .. i saw a couple of turbo kits also that could be installed on the 1zz engine that could boost the hp from 128 to 300 .. though i doubt it too .. my request is to buy a fully modified engine & transmission that ftis originally on the car without modifying the body .. i want to take out the eld engine and directly install the new one .. any ideas ? or sources that buy such things .?? i really need help on this one

.. uploading soon the massacre i've done with the car interior :-P
    I'm loving your project so far. I've seen a similar kit on Luxurypart.com and think it looks amazing. Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to get 300 bhp on a standard 1zz or 2zz without being rebuilt and theres no 'off the shelf kit' that will get you there. There's a few 1zz's kicking about with 9:1 wiseco's and lots of boost and even then hitting the 300 mark is pretty rare. If you want to boost the standard 1zz, Matt who runs Silverstone Performance is the guy you want to talk to. He was the UK TTE turbo dealer and developed his own kits safely taking the 1zz to its limits. http://www.rt-racer.com/pages/turbo_upgrades_47961.cfm ... Most people reliably get between 200-260ish bhp on stock internals with standard box (clutch obviously not)

Don't get me wrong there are a few 320-400 monsters out there but that's pretty far from a drop in. The 2zz is a nice engine and has more power than an NA 1zz due to valve lift, but as Tiggs said its very peaky (the magic happens from 6250 - 8500k). Combined with the C64 gearbox it screams to readline in valve lift then shifting keeps it in the power band. Theres not much difference to the 1zz lower down (below 6250k), but its still lacking in torque. Don't get me wrong it sounds amazing (awesome noise) and great for holding on to gears in corners.. Boosting it can be tricky. It is a higher compression than the 1zz (11.5:1 opposed to 10.5:1) so options are limited without rebuilding, which everyone does for that figure. My 2zz came supercharged (TTE) with '215', which is conservative after you add the breathing mods and standalone ECU, but lotus quote 240 on their intercooled exige. MWR (Monkeywrenchracing.com) have had great results boosting with their turbo kits and BOE (http://www.boefabrication.com) sell supercharger kits to the 2zz lotus boys promising '300-400hp' (depending on kit with intercooler or not) on stock internals - its the TVS1320. Nobody's put one in an mr2 yet despite it being sex on a stick. It WILL foul the firewall and you'd have to cuting a maintenance hatch behind the storage bins to make room (already considered it)... Obviously standalone ECU etc... Also the 2zz box (not sure on the 1zz) shits itself on anything over 175ft/lbs torque. Might be worth mentioning, so a lot of high power lotus 2zz guys switch to the e153 trans...

And then theres the holy grail 2gr-fe swap from Woodsport (or somewhere a tad more local to the Lebanese Republic) as mentioned above. Comes with the e153; You'd get the noise, the power and the OEM drivability a 1zz/2zz modded to 300-350bhp wouldn't be able to give you, which is more suited for a Porsche rep. Anyway... have a google at the links (MWR will sell built 1zz/2zz off the shelf - to answer one of your questions) and good luck with the rest of the build!

Excuse the grammar. The sun's come out today and we found the beer garden! :)

Brad

... im going for a honda V-tech type-R engine .. 240 hp . with some modifications , this engine can easily reach 300 hp with out turbo.

what do you say ?? any other opinions ?

I wouldn't bother with the vetc yes you can get mega bhp but your missing the big picture the Honda needs to scream to get any were all the time, supercharging or turboing is going to cost a fortune and I hate to say it but reliability will probably suffer unless your going to upgrade the whole engine, but hey what do I know go ahead, I personally wouldn't waste the money trying to make it work.

Well some people fit Alfa and Audi even BMW engines in mr2s so you go for it be the first.

snowtrigger .. man i've seen this engine running on a honda civic .. believe it of not this guy took down a bmw m3 , i saw it all and thats why i bought his car , to take his engine .. it is all modified he even added boards and chips to it everything in this engine is upgraded ... maybe a normal v-tech engine is a waste of money .. but this specific engine worth it all ..

some new photos just before the car is moved to the mechanic garage ... nice ehh ???

this pic is edited ... bigger wheels

Quote Originally Posted by princemd View Post
    snowtrigger .. man i've seen this engine running on a honda civic .. believe it of not this guy took down a bmw m3 , i saw it all and thats why i bought his car , to take his engine .. it is all modified he even added boards and chips to it everything in this engine is upgraded ... maybe a normal v-tech engine is a waste of money .. but this specific engine worth it all ..
    Fair enough I'm glad you've not got a standard one and he's uprated it and you've seen it working, just don't forget your body kit equals more weight to move over a standard body so power to weight may suffer unless you've really been good at keeping it to a bare minimum.

Looks very nice the side profile will probably look a whole lot better in paint what colours are you going for? The white and black scheme looks very nice.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast