Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2gr-fe service part numbers:

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpete View Post
    How can we determine what our engines came out of originally ?
    there's a VIN plate on the left side of the front valve cover. if you give me the number i can give you the original application.

but that does not tell you where your harness came from. especially for yours since i know the first group buy i did i had to assemble motors and harnesses from different sources.

edit - i'm about two hours too slow!
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

toyota changed wire harness colors about once a month, even when it's in the right year book the wires are often not the right color. you really have to go by function and beep out both sides of the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    there's a VIN plate on the left side of the front valve cover. if you give me the number i can give you the original application.

but that does not tell you where your harness came from. especially for yours since i know the first group buy i did i had to assemble motors and harnesses from different sources.
    Thanks for that - when you say front cover, is that the one nearest the bulkhead ?

Hi Marc

Just to echo Pete's question on the Vin Plate and also to check whether the Oil Filter part number is universal for these? My last filter was supplied by the garage, but I'd like to order a couple of spares. Apparently I have the cartridge type.

Cheers!

cartridge i thought all 2gr were the paper element type? you unscrew the alloy housing take out the old filter fit new rubber seal and pop the new paper bit in retighten alloy housing jobs a good one.

they've superceded the part number several times, and they seem to have even changed it differently from market to market.

your vin number on the engine likely won't mean anything in the european system. but the oil filter is in common with at least 1/2 the toyotas on the road.

anyways, to answer the VIN question, it's the tag just to the left of the water outlet in this picture:

it's a bit difficult to see in chassis, but with a mirror you can read it.

as for the filter, it looks like this:

Just type in lexus rx350 and there's loads on fleabay.

Thank you guys - brilliant response as usual. I'll prolly be changing the oil myself this time.

The garage that changed it last time didn't have any trouble but my usual guys couldn't figure out which one I needed before I went on hols last month, heh.

New battery too as my trickle charger is kaput (mopre expense!).

Good thing I love cars eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Meister View Post
    New battery too as my trickle charger is kaput (mopre expense!).
    uhm? drive it more often!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast