Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: intermittent idle problem

Hi stu

Check the manual, I think I was incorrect saying it was the metal one!

That's probably the effing hazard flasher or somthing.

I think the COR does say on it.

If that is suspect, I've probably got one in the BodgeLair!

Also the pump test might be interesting, although I think it would run differently.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by sturobturbo View Post
    hi mate.

cdwood was telling me about COR, which is a relay in the engine bay fuse box; the metal one? the earthing points are fine, i checked them yesterday. i will double check that there was one from my manifold. if it was earthing point failure, then the wire or connection would deteriorate first before burning away/splitting and there's been no funny smells or anything. i think the COR is the next port of call.

cheers for the reponse, stu.
    earth missing will not cause a short or burning of a wire.. it will just cause intermittent issues..

Quote Originally Posted by mrT View Post
    earth missing will not cause a short or burning of a wire.. it will just cause intermittent issues..
    i don't think i explained myself properly. an earth wouldn't be missing, as it has been fine since i bought it in feb, so in order for an earth not to be functioning, it must have burnt out.
    i'll have a look at COR, but i don't have a multi-meter at home.

thanks, stu.

Quote Originally Posted by sturobturbo View Post
    i don't think i explained myself properly. an earth wouldn't be missing, as it has been fine since i bought it in feb, so in order for an earth not to be functioning, it must have burnt out.
    i'll have a look at COR, but i don't have a multi-meter at home.

thanks, stu.
    sorry forgive my ignorance,, I thought u had just put the v6 in your car and it was giving issues,,,
    I've been away from forum for few days.. bloody lost touch..lol
    ok something else to double check would be the afm connector, that being loose can cause similar effect to what you described, I left mind loosely connected and forgot about it, went for a drive and as I went round a corner the car cut out, then wouldnt start or if it did try and crank it wouldnt run, when i looked in engine bay I spotted it straught away, plugged back in and was all good from there

If it does turn out to be the COR, then I do have a spare one but it's from a Cammy. They have 6 pins instead of 5 - don't know if there compatible.

Here's the mk2 engine bay fuse box

And here's the COR relays side by side. The mk2 one is the black one.

Let me know if you need it.

Got lots of other bits kicking about too, so let me know how you get on.

C.

The Camry COR can be used but you need to join 2 of the pins together as the mr2 one has them joined internally
    You need to look at wiring diagram to work out which 2
    I don't have access to my service manuals at the moment
    Other option is to rewire ignition relay and COR as per Camry wiring and this has seemed to stop my stall problem

evening gents.

thanks for the helpful posts, once again. got a spare COR from my local scrappies (2 quid, what a rip!!) and that hasn't sorted it. it was a 5 pin/mr2 item too.
    not had chance to diagnose any further due to being rather hectic recently. CBT passed today too, that was all day taken up.

thanks again, stu.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I read this thread as if it was just a stalling issue but you were able to keep the engine going with some throttle? Or is it just cutting out after a few seconds and never idles?

Do a quick test, take your air filter off, switch the ignition on and open the AFM flap by hand, can you hear the fuel pump whirring away? That will test your AFM circuit, your wiring and your COR in one hit, if you can't hear the pump run i'll have a whole batch of other stuff you need to check.

Oh Chris i spotted this on Ebay just for you.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Self-Adhes...item19cf7bc158

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Hello Paul,

That badge is the sexiest thing since your shirt last year.

I wonder if I could fit it to my codpiece.

:)

paul, fuel pump i am finding quite difficult to test/hear due to the p/s noise, i think it must be. i will try that to check all those systems. no fuses or anything blown now.
    also, as you say, it doesn't run at all after approx 2 seconds.

thanks, stu.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast