thread: 3UR-FE in a MkII MR2 is it possible.

Jul 2010
    Upper Saucon PA

3UR-FE in a MkII MR2 is it possible.

info:
    5.7-liter 3UR-FE

The 3UR-FE is a 5.7-liter (5663 cc) engine designed for use in Toyota Tundra/Sequoia/Land Cruiser, and Lexus LX570 Trucks, and as a result, the D-4S gasoline direct injection will not be included, but Dual VVT-i is included. Bore of 94 mm and stroke of 102 mm, it produces 381 hp (283 kW) at 5,600 rpm and 401 lb·ft (543 N·m) of torque at 3,600 rpm. A stainless steel exhaust manifold incorporating a 3-way catalytic converter is used. This engine is cast at Toyota's Bodine Aluminum and currently assembled at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Over 1.3 million kilometers of durability testing have gone into the engine. E85 ethanol capability will be optional for the 2009 model year.[4] The engine's service weight is 222 kg.
    Available bolt-on Toyota Racing Development Eaton's Twin Vortices Series Roots-type supercharger kit for the Tundra and Sequoia bumps power to 504 hp (376 kW) and 550 lb·ft (750 N·m) of torque. Being from TRD, supercharger can be installed by dealers and will be covered under warranty.
    Applications:
    Motor pic: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...lhot/3urfe.jpg

Ok possible? Value? and "O" but why?

Feb 2011
    uk
    Any thing can be made to fit.. with enough money and time..

Dec 2006
    Netherlands
    Haha that supercharger kit would be pretty mental, 750nm of torque and all oem Toyota We dont do a lot of trucks over here though, its going to take a lot of cash to get one..

What do they cost over on youre side of the pond?

Jul 2010
    Upper Saucon PA
    I can get a motor with 85k miles on for about $2,200

Sep 2007
    stockport
    Length and height are your enemy's here, plus are you going longitudinal I.e north/south or east west orientation.

I don't think east west will work cause of the drive shaft angles unless your fitting a custom gearbox built for this, the other way would involve an Audi gearbox or custom gearbox and would probably involve cutting the boot floor and firewall just to shoe horn that engine in.

Either way if you give it a go don't forget to post some pics as it will be an epic build.

Jul 2010
    Upper Saucon PA
    thÃ*nk you for everybody's thoughts was the Audi motor picked over 5.7? I have always thinking all TOYOTA

Jul 2010
    Upper Saucon PA
    IF I were to do this I need to overcome over come one pain in the ass, I need fasteners and bolts most of the stuff I am working with is rusted, Toyota says GD luck finding any. bastard! Anybody know of a good source for toyota matched bolts like good thread patterns?

Sep 2007
    stockport
    The Audi v8 is starts I think at 4.3 and 345 bhp then goes up to 445 bhp in the rs4 and r8 don't know the displacement you can look it all up on tinternet.

Jul 2010
    Upper Saucon PA
    Ok it was picked because of huge displacment/bhp/tq. I thought it was picekd because of the way it fits in the car. Hmmmm..
    Thanks Snowtigger for your input.

Sep 2007
    stockport
    If you need torque more than bhp have a look at some tuned diesel motors they have torque by the bucket full.

•