Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1971 Fiat 500 4-AGE

Cheers for the comments, I've had a lancia twink before and I never got on with it. Amazing engine, sounds great but good god it had a mind of its own.

I toyed with the bike engine, but the usability on the road really put me off. Tommy took me out in the aw11 and I really liked the engine , plus buying a mk1 with basically the whole set up good to go seemed like a good idea, I think with about 140-150 BHP and the reliability of it should make it interesting. Considering the shell is very easy to lift on my own.

Excellent project, big thumbs up! :icon_cool:

I think it will be a great mix, a bit like the mini with a 4 age in it this is a very cool build that I look forward to seeing come together!

Italian style, Japanese reliability, you just need German engineering and you have a tried and tested.... Oh hold on a minute I think that combo has been tried once before!
    JFDI

Only one word for it "Absolutely fuckin' mental".

Watching this thread closely

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Yeah, considering it was going to orginally a quick tart up and used as a everyday classic......oops.

As for looks it's going to be as close to a 695ss abarth racer as possible, with boot proped open.

Cheers for the kind words, going to try and finish the other mount this week so the engine is actually hung rather than half hung half on a bit of wood. Then its torque mounts and start trying to build the rest around it.

absolutely love this swap, im built for a 500 so have always liked the old ones.
    4age is the perfect engine for this swap imho, shes gonna be a little rev monster.

You want the 20v black top to be a little screamer, or a supercharged gze motor.

I'll stick with the 4age for now. I think somewhere in the region of 250 bhp/ton in a car with a deadly short wheel base will do for starters....

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Quote Originally Posted by nik View Post
    absolutely love this swap, im built for a 500 so have always liked the old ones.
    4age is the perfect engine for this swap imho, shes gonna be a little rev monster.
    Totally agree, forget anything more potent than a 4a-ge, that thing is going to fly, perfect combo.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

that body shape is great, good luck.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast