Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Honda CRX V8 Swap - Not Mine

just awesome! cant wait to see it finished!:)

That car is just sooooo cool .

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    That body is beautiful, this guy has some serious skills.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I agree it looks amazing painted, Pete has some serious talent and he's learnt the skills as he's gone along. I don't think he had done any serious welding other than with a stick welder before this project!

It's Finished!

And it's finished.... for the moment anyway... Starts runs and drives and has been on the track. Pete will be supercharging this over winter.....

Love the wide arch body...

Rear exhaust.... this is getting changed as it's too quiet :)

Engine bay shot

Interior

Custom cluster and display, it also has a rear view camera, Pete made all of it himself!

I wish I had the skills to pull something like this off!

Rear view camera / information display

Gratuitous wide arches photograph, love the arches / stance

Front suspension and fuel tank, this is a work of art, the adjustable anti roll bar is genius i've never seen anything like it, I think pete designed it from scratch.

Another shot of the anti roll bar assembly, the centre bar rotates when both sides move at the same rate if one side is in compression then it pushes against the spring assembly below.

Video of the car shooting flames to follow

Final stats, car weighs a smidgen over a ton with fluids and all, petes plan is to superçharge it over winter to get it to over 400bhp / tonne!

That is a Proper build. I mean, big money, high end race series stuff. He is an amazing engineer and fabricator. Video please, I need to hear it. It's like Aluminum is his plasticine and he can make whatever he wants! Amazing!

Theres a vid on the previous page, I'll put up the flames one later though it sounds way better in the flesh, it is quite quiet, it has 2 silencers for each bank in the exhaust system, Pete is going to take out a set to make it a bit louder >:)

Here's the video :-)

Awesome is an understatement for this car it's just brilliant.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast