Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda CRX V8 Swap - Not Mine

Mentalness .... and i love it! Perhaps a rename the Hondi i guess! :D

A Sizable update.... this represents quite a significant ammount of work, well pretty much every friday and weekend since the last update plus most evenings and two weeks of annual leave :MK9523tn:

Engine and subframe now mounted and welded. The engine subframe assembly can be unbolted from the chassis.

Box chassis, with centre tunnel welded in place. The body has been cut and welded so the whole body can be unbolted from the rolling chassis.

Front custom subframe now mounted in the front and welded in, the existing top mounts will be cut out.

Fully custom made double wishbone setup, the track of this thing is massively wide and some mega wide arches will be going on to accomodate some serious rubber!

not so much an engine swop as a whole body exchange at least if the body rots and the chassis is sound you will get through an mot, i would cut every last bit of useles parts of the shell which it looks like he is this is going to be fantastic, hope he brings it along to a show or two.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    not so much an engine swop as a whole body exchange at least if the body rots and the chassis is sound you will get through an mot, i would cut every last bit of useles parts of the shell which it looks like he is this is going to be fantastic, hope he brings it along to a show or two.
    Its a full on race-car tiggs so won't be used on the road. Pete weighed in what he cut out of the bodywork compared to what he's put in to the chassis and he's still ahead at the moment!

nah use it on the road lol we wont tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    The body has been cut and welded so the whole body can be unbolted from the rolling chassis.
    Or when he gets bored of Hondas, drop a toyota bodyshell on it!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

nice fab work. was this modelled first or it freehand?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

You might aswell replace the body for a polyester one now!

Love the build!
    Don't shoot the messenger!

He's pretty much building a kit car from the inside out with a honda crx shell. :D The way he's going, you could pretty much drive it on the frame? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    He's pretty much building a kit car from the inside out with a honda crx shell. :D The way he's going, you could pretty much drive it on the frame? :)
    Aye, the frame should be drivable in its own right. The roll cage is going in there soon, once its got wheels it'll be ready to roll bar fuel, electrics, floor and brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MMaddict View Post
    You might aswell replace the body for a polyester one now!

Love the build!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    Or when he gets bored of Hondas, drop a toyota bodyshell on it!
    Well he was thinking about fiberglass but the option of dropping on a different body shell could be quite appealing!

Quote Originally Posted by adamh View Post
    nice fab work. was this modelled first or it freehand?
    He calculated the suspension geometry but the rest of it has been made up as its progressed. Originally he was planning on dropping the engine and sub frame in the rear but it kind of went from there to cutting the whole floor out to where we are today!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast