Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fauxrrari

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    To be fair, i've got about as much time as Paul has to do this but fuckit, it's always sunny and warm right on until late up here in Glasgow.
    Aye but hopefullt you won't start 17 other projects before this one is finished! Great project, it should be great when finished! Was oggling my mates audi V8 crx project, that's mental, he's cut out all the floor and suspension mounts and is using the audi subframe at the rear and spaceframining the rest!

errr, we need pics of that Goldy!

"Did you see that? I think that's the point of no return dear."

Tonight we cut holes. Big holes. Ignore the rough edges for now, it will all be boxed in and looking factory fresh by the time i'm finished (see my other builds for the finish i like).

Now this hole is bigger than the finished article will be so i'll be able to have a useable boot. You don't get that on a 355 :icon_biggrin:

Ales....oop!

Now the eagle eyed among you will notice that the fuel filler pipe is going to cause a slight issue. I should be able to relocate that further down the firewall to avoid the left head bank.

Everything else looks like it will fit.

The subframe is going to require a notch taken out to let the gearbox sit a little lower. This will be strengthened up to make sure it still supports it all. That should allow the driveshafts to miss the subframe. It'll be tight but by jove i think it might just go!

plenty of room in there by the look, good luck with it
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

One for Paul, how much lower does the sump sit compared to the low point of the gearbox where it bolts on?

Just trying to work out heights and how much lower i need to go into that subframe.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It's all about the same height, the sump is very flat and the whole drivetrain sits level, if anything the gearbox underbelly is slightly lower than the engine.

Looking good Olie, keep at it, looks to be at least 20" ahead of the gearbox so should fit.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Impressive! This looks like it could be pretty straightforward, will you need to do much reinforcement like paul's subframe? How much clearance will there be between the firewall and the engine, the gap doesn't look that big??

Once I move the fuel filler pipe down and get rid of the pipes from hell then the engine will sit in with a couple of cm's to spare.

Even the tank breathers might be ok but I won't know until i've got the lump in there. Just how much space I give it at the front will be down to how much up and down the driveshafts need. The front bolt of the subframe area is the main issue but it's not a game killer.

I'm wondering just how high the driveshaft will need to go in relation to the gearbox. Will it ever get up past horizontal on hard cornering?

Can I make the whole package sit lower in the engine bay to negate this?

We'll find out soon enough.

Wow looking great thats some wicked progress. keep going like this and it will be finshed before the other v8 swop

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast