Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fauxrrari

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yeah that was my plan with the Mk1, but my exhaust options later on meant it had to go. A pair of boxes, one each side of the gearbox under the boot looks a good way to go.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Aye, 911 style boxes will work fine i reckon if they're a decent size.

Just hoping the fuel filler pipe doesn't cause issue where it is, that's the one thing i'd rather not have to relocate.

I honestly don't think you will have to using that OB1 box, but who knows until you get it in there, i ran mine through the bulkhead and behind the seats, on a Mk2 you could make it go via the cubby box behind the passenger seat.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Aye, good shout.

On the Mk2, it looks as if the subframe sits a little further forward in relation to the wheel centre line than a Mk1 so it might need some fettling of the sub frame leading edge as it were. The driveshafts will end up pretty straight but obviously need some angle to work.

I'm gonna cut the boot floor and mount the gearbox as low and as far back as possible. Then get the prayer book out and hope the engine fits infront of it.

Ah hopefully this is going to be anther nice project to follow :)

Your deciding factor is how close you can put the driveshafts to the subframe, that decides where the engine goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MMaddict View Post
    Ah hopefully this is going to be anther nice project to follow :)
    Nah, Audi AHC is what i'll be using i reckon. The RS4 lumps are awfy expensive.

The difference could buy me a nice SC

This thread MUST stay alive. Frequent updates needed!!

Let's face it, if you're putting a V8 in you will never hear from this thread again.

Right Paul?

;)

To be fair, i've got about as much time as Paul has to do this but fuckit, it's always sunny and warm right on until late up here in Glasgow.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast