Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fauxrrari

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Fauxrrari

Well, it arrived yesterday. Cheers to Paul and no doubt Anth who gave it a wash :)

Paul kept the engine and box so i just had to start tidying up.

Measured up the gearbox and i'm happy where it will go in. Off to buy some cutting discs to make a big hole in the boot floor and relieve some parts of the subframe.

It's going to be tight around the driveshaft area but i reckon i can make it work fairly easy.

All the front firewall gubbins will have to be relocated but that's nowt.

Really excited to get this done now!

Should look a lot better at the right height.

Good luck with this Olber.

So what power plant you going for in this?

G

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I'll be following this one with great interest young Olber, he's going V8 Geoff :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Was it Mk3 gear cables you used Paul? Or custom jobbies?

Mk3 mate, the best way is to make your box linkage work, mount the cables at the rear and then do all of your extending inside the cabin, i only had to add a few inches of inner rod to the Mk3 cables.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I might have a look and see if i can find some longer standard cables but if there's nowt else out suitable i'll sort this. Your gear change in the Mk1 did feel pretty damn mechanical mind you.

It worked out really well, i love the gearchange best of all, it's just so direct, you KNOW you're in gear! I think it has much more to do with the Audi synchro hub design rather than my gear linkage design though.

Aye, just didn't fancy any flex at the selector end detracting from it.

Measuring up, the gearbox is gonna sit pretty far back towards the rear bumper. 99% sure it'll all fit in or it'll be out with the fibreglass.

Going to leave a frame around the gearbox and simply have a cover for it so that i can access the box and linkage and then have a usable boot when it's needed.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast