Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lambo project!

@ Goldy - Nope am leaving the block connectors as there are 64 wires in each rear light as the Led's dont generate much and i have grouped them in blocks of 10 just in case any of the Led's die on me and i can change it quick.

@ Paul Woods - Yip the whole roof is removed ive had to put some strength back into the car there are strength bars welded and bolted to the bulk head as well for extra strength as well. The frame is only 20mm box section so you could imagne if an accident ocured.

Instead of a sub-woofer, this things needs a 2gr with some Borla mufflers for a noise generator.

the fitment of the cage is a bit disappointing after seeing all the body work. cages can be fit much more subtly in an MKII

also, those connectors on the tail light wires aren't designed to be exposed to the elements, please say you're not using those kind of terminals to run anything critical.

that said, the body work is top notch, I'm seriously impressed! I'd love to help you out if you want a 2gr in there.

@ Gouky - Cheers the cage was a struggle to get into the car as the Lambo is just so low the roof level it will do the job. The connectors arent running much power through them and i have a compartment behind the rear lights that all the wires sit up into so there is no chance they will be exposed. A 2gr ?? Im not mechanically good you may explain to me ro do you have a picture ??? Sorry :-()

Quote Originally Posted by peggyontherun View Post
    @ Gouky - Cheers the cage was a struggle to get into the car as the Lambo is just so low the roof level it will do the job. The connectors arent running much power through them and i have a compartment behind the rear lights that all the wires sit up into so there is no chance they will be exposed. A 2gr ?? Im not mechanically good you may explain to me ro do you have a picture ??? Sorry :-()
    how about a video instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJO_2wz9wk8

on those connectors I'm worried about corrosion, not power dissipation.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    i prefer this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr5J3...eature=related
    and this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8QH4...feature=relmfu

cough mk1 2gr some people think they dont exist.
    the first one sounds great, the second one looks awesome :)

your exhaust is a bit boomy for my tastes. but i love the body work on that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    the first one sounds great, the second one looks awesome :)

your exhaust is a bit boomy for my tastes. but i love the body work on that thing.
    ive changed it now mate gone for a more quiet sound then howl at top end so the bottom end growl has gone, so at 70 mph cough and 3000 ish rpm i can hear myself think and listen to the radio with out it being at deafening levels.
    and the bodywork has moved on a bit the arches are still there but ive now got snorkels and a front splitter comming, not as tasty as this lambo project but i think he gets the idea of the 2gr engine with our little clips.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    ive changed it now mate gone for a more quiet sound then howl at top end so the bottom end growl has gone, so at 70 mph cough and 3000 ish rpm i can hear myself think and listen to the radio with out it being at deafening levels.
    and the bodywork has moved on a bit the arches are still there but ive now got snorkels and a front splitter comming, not as tasty as this lambo project but i think he gets the idea of the 2gr engine with our little clips.
    ahh, good to hear and now that you mention it i think i heard you say this before.

but yeah, the body work on this thing is just amazing. can't wait to see it done!

Cheers guys i will wait and finish the car and see what engine i will go for or what engine will be in budget hopefully a 2gr :-)

Ok light skim of filler over the fiberglass

Heavy filler black spray used to see the low spots and then blocked sanded

All blocked sanded and taking shape

A few low spots re-filled

Side skirt skimmed

Was at the printers today as i modified my wiper mechanism here are the new logos i got done.

Picked this up as well a bit of re-designing by the rpinter guyon this one but it take sthe plain look off the front when the bonnet is open (not to everybody taste be warned)

Ok was busy today helping my mate put his New engine in his car and the mechanic

Here is the bonnet pins fot the kit car

460bhp of American muscle
    Last edited by Paul Woods; 04-05-2012 at 19:00.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast