Thread: Need help with mk1.5 swap wiring

Pending

Icon5 Need help with mk1.5 swap wiring

I am performing my 1.5 swap right now and have a few questions regarding the wiring. I am following Paul Woods wiring guide. On page 27 I see that there should be 4 black/ red wires for the injector/ coil and amp. I only see 2 black and red wires on the smaller of the 2 white connectors on my 91 usdm loom. Is this ok or am I missing something. Also I seem to have ended up with the blue/ red wire left on that smaller plug. Is this not used or did I forget it?
    Thanks
    Lee

First thing is pics and then some more pics,

someone will be along to help soon and welcome to the mad house.

G

Pending
    Thanks for the welcoming me :). I can add pics tonight. I would like someone to check there small white plug and see if they have 2 or 4 of the black/ red wires.

Hi lee!

Welcome indeed mate! You're in the right place.

I'm not overly familiar with the 1.5 conversion, but I do know that there are a lot of differences between cars, ESP in the us / uk / JDM variations. The guide is just that, a guide to get you in the right ballpark.

Not sure what those wires (2 or 4 of them) are supposed to be for, but take a look at the wiring flow diagrams. Chances are they are for equipment that isn't fitted or relevant.

It's important to check these things in detail so you don't fry your car, as every swap is different slightly.

The spare wire? Wouldn't worry. You should see the spare wires on a 2.6 swap!!

Mr Woods is probably working on his V8 at the moment, but I'm sure he can wire these in his sleep. If you get really stuck in sure he will swoop in.

:)

Chris.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    <swoop> on the rev1 cars there is only one thick B/R wire feeding coils/injectors etc, it splits further down the loom to go to all components, just wire the one thick B/R to the thick B/R on your N1 connector <swoops away>

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Pending
    I currently wired both of them should I not? Also what is that last blue/ red wire for. Is this used?

Pending
    I was also under the impression that the 91t was a rev2 motor or is that gen2??

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Depends which month, 91 is on the crossover.... either way if you just have one thick B/R wire on that white plug then that is all you need, don't bother with the thinner one or the blue/red, you don't need those.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here