Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: My stock Mk1 going Brutal.

paul has a v8 i dont believe it unless i see photographic proof it exists.

Was looking forward to more V8 updates :( smash this one out quick paul. We want more V8 action.
    WoB "Lol, paul its totaly your fault everyone loves you. your gonna have to act like a dick more often."
    PaulWoods "Go fuck yourself."

Is there any chance that this could be faster up the strip than a 2gr mk1? (if such a thing exists...) I mean one of those surely wouldn't be able to use all of that power and monster torque where as a 1MZ VVti, although blisteringly fast, might stand a better chance...

power is nothing without control!
    supposing the theoretical 2gr mystery machine did exist which i doubt, the delivery of torque from the VVti would at least let the power transfer into the tarmac before delivering but way off a 2gr time if they existed in the first place. 1/4 miles are all about the launch!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Very true, i suppose a 1mz vvti Mk1 could well be right on the sweet spot of having just the right amount of torque without it turning into an unmanageable monster, so take offs could well be quicker.... sadly because a 2gr Mk1 doesn't exist we'll never get to compare them both :(

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Very true, i suppose a 1mz vvti Mk1 could well be right on the sweet spot of having just the right amount of torque without it turning into an unmanageable monster, so take offs could well be quicker.... sadly because a 2gr Mk1 doesn't exist we'll never get to compare them both :(
    Get to the strip in it you big Jessie ill show you a 2gr v 1mz mk1 drag race at japshow.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I'm enjoying coming home and grabbing an hour on the car, i don't see the sort of progress i would at the garage but there's something satisfying about cracking a beer open and just pottering about in the sunshine.

Anyway, i've started remodelling the sideskirts that are essential to maintain the OEM look of what i'm trying to achieve, the skirt needs to look as if Toyota built a widebody version of the original, that's the plan anyway.

I cut off the arch part of the skirt and screwed that into the new arch lip (temporary), then made the bridging piece between the two sections....

Once removed and sanded/painted, this should look factory equipment.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Those rims are lush mate and this will look very cool when finished.

Beer + Garage + Pottering = :icon_smile:

its the future!
    JFDI

beer is essential cos you dont want to overthink a solution to a problem!