Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3S-GTE Clutch Recommendation

Icon5 3S-GTE Clutch Recommendation

So zombie has decided since upping the boost that her clutch isn't up to the job and slips on higher boost.
    The clutch is getting on a bit tbh, its the original clutch that came in the rear clip i bought when i was building KYT :icon_lol:
    Can't spend silly money but an upgrade over stock would be nice.

What ideas do folks have for a replacement.

Fit the rpm 6 puck clutch like I've got great pedal feel and no banging clatter takes all the abuse I can give it, rated at 385 lbft for torque I think.

If you go cheap you will start regretting it when you have to take the gearbox off again, it's one part I just won't scrimp on.

how much are they tigger?
    was thinking exedy fast road or similar..
    Last edited by nik; 22-03-2012 at 17:04.

Nik,

I use the LUK clutch for 3VZ swaps. In fact I've just picked up 2, one for build #4 and one for johns swap.

Oh and two freshly machined and refaced flywheels too!

These are standard Mk2 clutches, but really good quality, and coming in at under £90 inc. Tried one on BBQ and seemed to take light abuse no problem.

Probably not quite man enough for Zombie, but I can price up a turbo / Uprated one for the 3S-GTE if you like with my supplier?

Chris.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    RPS puk max clutch or ACT really as a nice turbo upgrade.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

any idea how the oem clutch should perform torque-wise?

As paul says I've got the rpm max puk clutch and it's a joy compared to the act.
    Price wise I bought mine second hand at £300 from he who shall not be named on this forum, Paul fitted it to walletrape ( I hate that name why can't it have a cool name? ) and I've driven it really hard at the pod all day long and no issues, the exhaust guy drove my car round the block to see if any thing was banging or fell of and he said it got the nicest clutch for a tuned motor, plus he said it felt really really quick better than some cars they work on gt40 ,Lola , and he had a monaro on the ramp plus a Chevy big block mg bgt racer and he preferred my little mr2.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    RPS not RPM Tiggs

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Ok my bad rps then Sheila, change your fly to a fidanza if you haven't already then it will spin much faster.

:rly:

youre getting good at stating the bleedin obvious mate lol, no offence meant btw..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast