Took 'The Black' to work yesterday after it was stood for a couple of weeks. Last time i drove the car it had develpoed a misfire, but some gentle probing the other night revealed that plug lead #1 was shorting out. I think it had been doing that for a while. It's certainly happier now.

Anyway, i must have been driving my Ford Focus way too much because i had forgotten how stupidly mad an MR2 with a V6 is.

Lets forgive the fact that this car is a 'signature' BodgeSport build, with a leaky roof, no radio, rattling exhaust and a clutch that slips occasionally. These cars really have to be driven to be appreciated. Even my colleague who had a lift to / from work yesterday said "this car is starting to grow on me". And he is a hard man to win over!

When I went to see Paul Woods earlier in the week he was saying that demand for the 3VZ swap seems to have gone quiet, with more and more people looking at the 1MZ or 2GR options. I guess the cars still being converted using these engines are more in the homebuilders domain. I did say on here a while back that 3VZ engies would eventually start to lose ground on newer options, it's all about the price of donor car!

But for what you can bodge a 3VZ build for, its a cheap as chips sports car that will probably be the fastest thing on your street. Certainly one of the most interesting.

If you've not got the skills or time or space, and you have got the money, it's well worth getting Woodsport to build you a car, whichever engine you choose. It will be near bolt perfect, and Paul does pay a lot of attention to detail, meaning all the things that could go wrong most likely wont.

If you have the skills but dont have a very big budget, you can still buy an old Cammy for under £500, and a decent MR2 Mk2 for under a £1000. Less if you shop around a bit. How much work you want to put into it is up to you, but you can just lump the 3VZ in without doing a great deal.

Either way, this is probably the most fun you can have with an old Toyota. Pants on or off.

I know this first hand!

:)

Chris.