Thread: Nissan GTR Calipers on mk2

Nissan GTR Calipers on mk2

Ive seen some people using Nissan GTR calipers on there mk2, but i cant figure out which ones.. I found there are many different versions..

R32 T : 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
    R32 GTS-T (early) : 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
    R32 GTS-T type m : 280mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R32 GTR : 296mm x 32mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R32 GTR VSPEC : 324mm x 30mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    R33 GTS-25 : 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
    R33 GTS-4 : 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
    R33 GTS-25T : 296mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R33 GTR : 324mm x 32mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    R33 GTR VSPEC : 324mm x 30mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    R34 GT : 296mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R34 GTT : 310mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R34 GTR : 324mm x 32mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    Z33 NA : 324mm x 32mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    Z32 NA : 280mm x 26mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    Z32 TT : 280mm x 30mm (4 pot ali sumitomo caliper)
    S14, S15 : 280mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)

I think ive seen the R33 GTS-T calipers on a mk2, but im not sure. Any thoughts on this?

(( Im nowhere near needing brakes right now, as progress is as slow as snail mail :(, just doing some research ))

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I looked into this myself but like you i found so many variations in the parts catalogues i gave up.... i think possibly the caliper bolt spacing could well be the same as a Mk2 on most if not all of them, but very hard to say.... it definately needs more research or taking the plunge and buying some to test fit....

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

These people may be able to offer soe advice/ssistance
    http://www.deltav.com.au/index.php?o...chk=1&Itemid=1

This brake kit offered uses readily available and powerful standard alloy callipers from either the Nissan Skyline R32 GTST or the Nissan Z32 300ZX. These callipers combined with a larger 315mm disc from a Lexus LS400 provide a much higher level of braking and fade resistance than the standard braking setup.

Being cast in alloy the brake callipers combined with the larger disc and bracketry offer a much larger more powerful brake package with only a small increase in weight offset by the cast iron callipers used as standard on the SW20.

These kits are offered with a range of options from the basic bracketry and fasteners to a complete kit including ADR approved braided stainless steel braided brake lines and TRW Race & Road pads. Please note there is a discount applied when purchasing the complete kit.

Delta V does not sell the required Nissan callipers however we will assist in identification of the correct callipers in an add or otherwise suggest companies who can source them for you. One such company DeltaV recommends is Gorilla Industries.

I'd go for the Porsche 911 996 Brembo's, loads about and much easier to source the right type as fewer variations also the weight bias of a 911 is fairly similar to a Mk2 so a bit closer when it comes to balance.

Thanks for the link, kit is a bit expensive though. I might be a dick, but i think it would be cool to have an open source solution. So something that is a definite upgrade (either the r32 or 911 calipers) with the right info, so anyone can get it working.
    Paul, didnt you use the 911 calipers on Johhnys build a while back? Could we use those measurements to create a cad drawing (i can handle that) for the brackets? That way everyone can get there own brackets made at the local metal shop without breaking the bank.

If im stepping on someone toes here please let me know, cant remember seeing anyone selling these brackets (for the 911 calipers), but i dont want to create something like the engine-mount-gate situation

Would there be something wrong with ordering some brackets for the gtr calipers and uploading the dimensions? I think its retarded paying $250 + shipping for 2 bits of metal and some bolts..

I have these for the v8 project.....

probably the sexiest and easiest to clean calipers going :)

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
    but i dont want to create something like the engine-mount-gate situation
    I Lol'd!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

I missed that, tell me more!
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

Lets not get into that one, Nik had to get anti depressants, V6'es werent being put into rustbuckets, it was almost like a normal mr2 club :p

Back on topic, can someone provide measurement for either the 911 or gtr caliper brackets?

i found this yesterday if it helps anyone the guy is selling brackets to take 200sx 300zx or r32 callipers and disks for £75 http://www.mr2.ie/mr2-forum/27-conve...-brake-upgrade