Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiggs Mk1 2GRFE 300bhp Dyno Run

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It's got to be flywheel figures mate, if it's at the wheels as Luke says you'd be over 400bhp at the fly, which just isn't possible, but a good result all the same.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Bloody nice output :D
    What are the transmission losses for the mr roughly? If they're in the 18% region one of my customers is going to be fairly happy when I let him know, IIRC his last set of dyno prints only used a 10% transmission loss.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

I haven't got a clue I thought all trans loss was 25% didn't think it could vary, all the guy said was what a nice clutch it has plenty of bite not clattery and easy to use on such a powerfull car.

That's the graph he just loved how the torque figure just went up like climbing a mountain, he did ask me what it was like to drive in snow and ice I said gingerly.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    I haven't got a clue I thought all trans loss was 25% didn't think it could vary, all the guy said was what a nice clutch it has plenty of bite not clattery and easy to use on such a powerfull car.

That's the graph he just loved how the torque figure just went up like climbing a mountain, he did ask me what it was like to drive in snow and ice I said gingerly.

Tiggs

Can you sed me a full size image of that dyno run - i cant wait to show Pat!

:)

I'll get it photocopied later and send it to your pm details.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    I'll get it photocopied later and send it to your pm details.
    Top man.

That graph looks more scary than the 3VZ - fo sho!

:)

One of the reasons I love this engine mate it's stonking the torque figure like falling of a cliff, people don't realise the guy in the car just had a silly grin and every one was saying why such a low rpm cut off, me it just doesn't need to scream to produce power it just is.

Its suprising how quick it gets to the rev limiter in 4th gear, there's hardly any drama at all!

Mine was giving 325bhp at the flywheel. I have a good printout of the dyno on my build thread.

I was going to ask what the redline was. That doesn't sound like 6500 rpm, but got there mighty quick!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast