Thread: 1MZ - S54 bolting up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1MZ - S54 bolting up

This is where I'm at with this stage of my conversion. Hole 1 I was thinking of drilling through on the transmission but then I'm left with very little room to fit a bolt on the transmission side. Holes 2 and 3 I can't see a way of fitting without welding on new metal. So at the moment I have 3 large bolts at 12, 1 and 9 oclock and a smaller one at 4 oclock. What other should I be looking at?

I've seen this pic for the 3vzfe but it doesn't seem to match my 1MZ

4 bolts are about all you can use. The lower oil pan bolts aren't really mounting bolts per se, but act as a powertrain stiffener. The 4 cylinders didn't even have lower bolts. My 5SFE had a simple half-moon flywheel cover.

The lower bolts would be nice to use, but I haven't run into any problems using the S51 and 4 bolts. Also, I hope your S54 is in good condition because the 1MZ's torque will make things interesting.

I actually managed to get 6 bolts in with a little bit of mucking around.

Pray do tell and point to pictures of all bolts fitted.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    No need really, we've been bolting the 1mz up with the 5 bolts for over 8 years without issue, it'll be fine.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

The 2gr is still bolted in after 2 years nearly.