Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of Canems management ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone heard of Canems management ?

Was doing an internet search on ems and thinking of going megasquirt just for something to do over winter that's in the warm
    but worked out a bit pricey with a stim and import rapeage your up to 300, then edis and loom building it and so on well I saw this Company and thought it was rather a good price ,not feature packed but ok for the money and not in kit form

http://www.canems.co.uk/index.htm

Anybody come across it before ?

Good find.

I haven't heard of them, but that has the feel of a family / enthusiast business.

Might be worth throwing them some requirements, mention TB and see what they can offer.

I bet I'm not the only person with peaked interest in this!

Chris.

wiring up a standalone shouldnt be an issue as long as you know the wiring colour code etc and are handy/happy with soldering iron etc..
    the major issue you mau have is finding someone to map the ecu,
    if you are brave enough to do it yourself then fair play, if not then you will need the software and cables, then take that to someone who is brave enough to map it for you,
    they will have to learn their way round the software but should be able to do it, all depends on time and cost involved

TBH it doesn't look that different from the wasted spark configured MS in terms of hardware specs, features (both present and missing), same additional components needed, same knowledge needed to config.
    But: MS supports knock sensing whilst the Canems manual states it's "coming soon". There's one big decider right there imo.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

Yeah funny you say that , emailed him about knock sense with it last night but not heard anything yet, would like to give ms a bash but reading all the manual about firmware and and extra circuits for various. Things puts me off. And it's a lot for a bag of maplins stuff that I could make a huge cock up with ,on the up side very interesting and very educational
    But at the end of the day would it be 3 - 400 quid down the drain ?

Just heard back , now has knock hardware inside and just waiting for firmware . Will be able to set limits and frequency sound ok though not sure about twin knock sensors like the v6
    Last edited by GaryA; 30-12-2011 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
    Yeah funny you say that , emailed him about knock sense with it last night but not heard anything yet, would like to give ms a bash but reading all the manual about firmware and and extra circuits for various. Things puts me off. And it's a lot for a bag of maplins stuff that I could make a huge cock up with ,on the up side very interesting and very educational
    But at the end of the day would it be 3 - 400 quid down the drain ?

Just heard back , now has knock hardware inside and just waiting for firmware . Will be able to set limits and frequency sound ok though not sure about twin knock sensors like the v6
    Gary
    I put one of these on sons saxo when i done the engine
    http://www.mtechautomotive.co.uk/eng...ement/systems/

Patrick

Make sure you find someone fairly local who is good at mapping your chosen ecu before you buy it! Another cheap ECU to consider is the Emerald K6, these seem pretty popular, used on TVR's and Elises amongst many other things, so lots of mappers are used to them.

I would advise against mapping it yourself, you will get through a shitload of fuel driving around trying to get the fuelling map right, and you can't get the ignition curve exactly right unless you can see the power it is making as you adjust it. Rather than buying a wideband and spending weeks doing it yourself, just take it to a pro who will get it all 100% in an afternoon and half a tank of fuel.

If it was going on a car that would get a lot of use I would fit what the mapper was happy with which is very good advice , wanted something I could learn with that's why mega squirt interests me after 20 yrs of fixing boring stuff I want to learn something new but not new if you know what I mean

All I do now is pair I phones to 500s for old ladies or g#ys

Icon6

I want to learn something new but not new if you know what I mean
    I do know what you mean! It's very healthy to learn some new skills. I have yet to dismantle and rebuild a gearbox for one, and i will get around to it at some point!

All I do now is pair I phones to 500s for old ladies or g#ys
    ROFL ! Hey, that actually sounds like fun!

:rofl:

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    I do know what you mean! It's very healthy to learn some new skills. I have yet to dismantle and rebuild a gearbox for one, and i will get around to it at some point!

ROFL ! Hey, that actually sounds like fun!

:rofl:

Chris.
    I know that feeling after shouting at the rav4 for an hour the voice recognition software arrrgh, pair you god Dam Phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast