Hi everyone,

Alex here from NZ. I'm busy rounding up parts for a 2GRFE swap into my 86 Mk1. Been reading plenty of threads, but I still have a ton of questions (and likely more as I go along!). If someone wants to chime in and help, I'd appreciate it plenty (Hell, I'll buy you a beer if you ever end up in this corner of the world)

1. Immobiliser. I've been somewhat screwed by the person I got the conversion from. It has the key, engine ecu and amplifier - however it's missing the transponder ecu. What are my options here? am I able to get another transponder ecu and key - or do I have to buy all parts (key, engine ecu, transponder ecu, amplifier)? The conversion came from a 2008 Highlander.

2. I've noticed on Paul's conversions (you rock btw) that he's notched the chassis rail to make space for the exhaust headers. If I was to build some headers that looped behind the axle, could this be avoided? - or is there something else that needs clearance? Over here we need to get engine conversion certified, and I'm not sure if the certifier will like the rail being notched.

3. I also read that Paul has had to modify the front firewall. I was thinking that if I dropped the alternator down to where the A/C is, could this be avoided?

Cheers.