Hello Everyone,
The MK2 turbo project that I'm going to be starting soon has been sat outside uncovered on a drive for over 2 years without moving. So needless to say the brake disc surface rust is enough to warrent buying some nice new ones and the calipers are more than likely seized. So as the car is going to be off the road for about 9 months until the summer, this would be a good opportunity to upgrade the brakes.

I've only just started to look into MR2 modifying so I don't know all the options that are available.

Are the stock calipers on the Rev 2 Turbo already sufficient? and just need discs and pads? bearing in mind my target is to tune to about 300bhp at the flywheel?

I read somewhere that the brakes were improved between rev 2 and higher revisions? was this a significant change? and is it worth upgrading to later rev calipers?

Or alternatively are there any other toyota calipers that bolt up to the hubs?

This is going to be a budget project, so I won't be fitting any aftermarket racing calipers, it will either be some grooved discs with decent pads, or bigger OEM calipers and discs if available and recomended.

Thanks in advance!

Dan