Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E51 lsd shafts

I have google searched for any kind of info for a lot of days, but unfortunatly I could find very fiew things. Do you propably have any measurments of the stock diff or the quaife, to see almost if my trd fits into the case.

Also toyota gives the same part number for mk2 diff from 1989-1999 Look at the link

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...ZZ_4101.4.html

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    http://quaife.co.uk/shop/search/resu...21%2C409%2C416

Pdf files at the bottom of each diff :-)
    This is great info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we need the same measurments of the stock one to see if they fits.

Also kaaz give the same differential for both 4agze and 3sgte with the remark of using 3sgte speedo gear drive and snap
    http://www.kaazusa.com/lsd_toyota.html

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    http://quaife.co.uk/shop/search/resu...21%2C409%2C416

Pdf files at the bottom of each diff :-)
    So all the measurments are equal to my trd differential group. Could someone that has e51 open oem diff out of the gearbox confirm that measurments are also equal.

Thanks

I have spoken with quaife technical support. They have ensure me that e153 and e51 differential are completely same except the speedo gear.

my question
    "I'm looking forward for QDF17E differential. This is going to fit in mr2 aw11 4agze supercharger motor. In the past it was refering in product details that this was the suitable part. Could you please confirm this or I have to order another part and which is the part number?"

quaife anwer
    "
    Hello Dimitrios,

Yes this is the differential listed for your application.

please find attached the dimensional diagram of this differential, please use this as a reference to

determine if this is the correct unit for your vehicle.

If you have any further questions or I can be of any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact me"

My second question
    "Hi,

So this fits both 4agze e51 mr2 aw11 supercharger gearbox and 3sgte e153 mr2 sw20 turbo gearbox. Please inform me if this is available and in how many days after order I will receive it, I want first to disassembly mine to make sure that the measurments are equal, and after I need this asap. Also please inform me if I need lsd half shaft inserts or my old pair from open lsd can fit, or if I need any other parts to replace to fit this diff.

Thanks."

their answer
    "Yes that is correct. Please measure against the drawing.

These are currently in stock. These can be used with standard shafts.

You may want to replace the bearings when changing the differential.

Kind regards"

So as per quaife diff we can use both lsd and non lsd shafts. I will ensure everything in the next weeks when I will install the diff in my gearbox.

Any other info could be usefull!!!

For groups knowledge: Well yesterday I have disassebled my e51 gearbox to fit the trd sw211 that was originally constructed by trd to fit inside e153 gearboxes. I'm very happy to inform you that it also fit inside the e51 gearbox with no serious issues. If someone wants to do this upgrade he will need the speedo gear and snap from e153 differential and 16 bolts from oem viscous lsd final gear. You can use this with lsd and with non lsd tulips. Finally everything solved.....I have order some service parts to mother TOYOTA and tomorrow I will full reassembly this and hope I will not discover any secret problem.

I have fully assembed the tranny today.Everything is ok and now I can ensure you that both types lsd and non lsd fits with no problem. I have replace all the sychros. Toyota have exchange parts for sychros, they come with different part number and your dealer have to inform you for this. The newer type sychros have exchange toyota part numbers and toyota says that they are titanium coated. In the next three days I will intall the gearbox again back in the car and I will inform you if I have any issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12