Thread: 1mz now on link g3

1mz now on link g3

Thought youz might be interested in this... I've been scratching my head for the past year (down to the bone now;) with the fuelling on my 1mz, I know the Mr T ECU is meant to learn and what not, but its always run really rich (yet seemed down on power), and recently I started to get worrying amounts of black smoke on cold start up.. anyway I took the car up to Rogue the other month as I was having loads of track related work done (Leda coilovers, polybushing, uprated roll bars, quick rack and so on...) anyway during in a conversation with the lads, it transpired that they had a spare link g3 ecu going, and with my hopeful eventual plans to supercharge or turbo or throttle bodies or all three;), I thought why the heck not!

Anyway some figures with it all dyno'd (the figures below are measured at the wheels)

Pretty pleased with that (as a non-brutal!) gain on a stock engine, and more importantly, its now all fully mappable.

Obviously its questionable for cost-power gain if that's all you were doing it for, but I also wanted the flexibility with mapping and as said for possible future upgrades...
    Last edited by Moustachio; 25-08-2011 at 13:22.