Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our 2nd 2zz-ge Mk1 build

LSD & longer 5th gear have been possible for quite a while now mate, check the drivetrain section.

yeah i know about lsd and longer 5th , i was wondering about turning the s54 into 6 speed as well , without going to the time and trouble of getting an avensis 6 speed to work ect.

Not going to work, you would need a custom bell housing, and probably a lot of engineering hours..Not worth the hassle im afraid. If i win the lottery ive got you covered though :)

There's a couple of folk USA side working on 6sp boxes to work with the 2gr (so also the 3sge and gte too) using the corolla diesel t-sport box. ratios are ideal for a v6 not so much so a 4-basher.

Solrac had apparently sorted the fitment issue just selectors and speedo drive, the speedo maybe an easy fix as there's a hole for one just need the speedo ring gear fitting to the LSD.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The roadster/celica/mk1 boxes are all C series transmissions, with C series bearings and internals. The Mk2 NA box is an S series with similar looking but different internals. I don't think it would be possible to ever combine the two but i will have a play with some gearbox cases and see if there is any way at all to make that work because i do agree an S series 6 speed would be awesome.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Today we made great progress, the engine was fully detailed, Ian gave us the brief of an OEM looking engine so i went with silver and black, it really does give you that factory look. I also fitted brand new bolts to as many places as possible to refresh it all.

I am waiting for a new water pump to arrive from Toyota, this is an upgrade pump with more blades on it from the Exige and Celica GTS models.

I then got the gearbox detailed, new clutch fitted and gearbox mounted on the engine but with the linkages painted black, got to have a bit of contrast!

The whole new package ready to install...

On Marks build it required an oil pressure sender adapter which fractured, for some reason this 2zz seems to be slightly different, the Mk1 oil pressure sender screwed straight into the engine with no adapter and nothing fouling it, it would seem there might be a few revisions of this engine around.

Later on we hung the new engine...

Now that looks as OEM as you can get it.

Also tried the top cover on, but i prefer the cover off personally so you can see all of the detailing, but that's just me.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

looks like it grew there paul , nice detailing day today then . another customer that will over the moon with his new toy.

Looks waaaaaaay better without the cover, OEM quality as ever paul!

Outstanding Paul, I'm a very happy man

You did say you'd guarantee that I would have no problems with the oil pressure sender, you've pull one out of the hat there being able to just screw in the MK1 unit!

Battery's ordered.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast