... 23456

thread: Our 2nd 2zz-ge Mk1 build

Sep 2007
    stockport
    Love this conversion, if I would do it again probably a 2zz with rotrex sc or turbo and that six speed is awesome work.

Mk1 are becoming sort after and for original ones the prices are going crazy, if it's looked after and totally mint people are asking thousands so not as cheap as what they were five years ago, I still love the 2gr as its an animal on the drag strip but as an every day car I can see the benefits of the 2zz swop.

Apr 2016
    Shropshire
    I'm totally considering this over a v6, it seems a lot easier to do with the wealth of T sport Corollas and Celicas knocking about, as well as 3 mounts all mating up leaving just one to fabricate yourself (compared to all of them with a V6)

Also as far as donor cars go, you only need 1, a T sport Corolla! with the only other parts being easily sorted on eBay (mk2 NA shafts (like £20) and if you want, a celica gearbox (£50) and a MK3 LSD.

Obviously there is a massive issue with wiring, but as a PC hardware guy I think that will be a piece of cake.

And obviously a manifold needs to be made up, but I think I would like the challenge of welding up a mild steel manifold by myself.

Seriously considering it!!

Just need my fiesta to sell XD

Jan 2007
    I'm in Birmingham if you want to see my car Lawrence.

Apr 2016
    Shropshire
    I'm in Birmingham if you want to see my car Lawrence.
    That would be awesome! next time I'm heading that way, or I have a free weekend I will give you a call. If you go to any meets, give me a PM and ill come too ^^

Nov 2006
    Sunny Worksop
    Getting a solid MK1 as a base is the issue

Sep 2007
    stockport
    And mk1 are becoming sought after if they are in good order, best to buy the most solid shell you can afford than any thing else with a mk1, most of the cheap it's got a few bubbles on the arches it's nothing to worry about = it's as rotten as a pear you can't see how much has rusted away £1500 cars are gone by now.

Waxoil dinitrol the fuck out of every available crevice then upgrade the suspension brakes and engine and you have a great go kart crotch rocket, the more I see these 2zz conversions the more I like the idea.

Nov 2006
    Sunny Worksop
    And mk1 are becoming sought after if they are in good order, best to buy the most solid shell you can afford than any thing else with a mk1, most of the cheap it's got a few bubbles on the arches it's nothing to worry about = it's as rotten as a pear you can't see how much has rusted away £1500 cars are gone by now.

Waxoil dinitrol the fuck out of every available crevice then upgrade the suspension brakes and engine and you have a great go kart crotch rocket, the more I see these 2zz conversions the more I like the idea.
    Been there done that, got the t-shirt & it still hurts when I sit down

Jan 2007
    I had a stock mk1 for years and as they go it was pretty solid, original sills etc all in great condition but the arches were gone and I decided if I was spending big money on a conversion it should go in a solid shell, I think you'd be paying 5k+ for a car in condition mine is. Mr Woods thought it was the least rusty one he'd converted :-)

There's still good ones out there and there's imports too, Pretty sure converting from an auto isn't too hard if a new engine is going in anyway

... 23456

•