Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1mz vs 1mz vvti vs 3vz vs 2gr-fe vs 2gr-fse graphs

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    For what it's worth we haven't actually seen a stock 95 UK 3vz produce more than 185bhp on the dyno, now i'm not saying the 200bhp versions don't exist, but we simply haven't seen them produce more than 185bhp without headwork/exhaust work etc.

I suspect if they do exist it's a reduction in power over the years we may be seeing giving closer to the 185 figure, who knows.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

here you go gouky mate sorry was a camera phone before have scaned this in.

does that help the cause?:icon_biggrin:

the max bhp of the 4age was 133 the max of the 2gr was 324.

it's still pretty small, but i was able to make that work:

blue = your 2gr
    top pink = sae 2gr
    black = 4a-ge (20V)
    bottom pink = your 4a-ge

i never realized how much difference the 20V made over the regular 4A. wow

what happens when you supercharge a 20V 4a?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    For what it's worth we haven't actually seen a stock 95 UK 3vz produce more than 185bhp on the dyno, now i'm not saying the 200bhp versions don't exist, but we simply haven't seen them produce more than 185bhp without headwork/exhaust work etc.

I suspect if they do exist it's a reduction in power over the years we may be seeing giving closer to the 185 figure, who knows.
    Well I've dyno'd a mostly unmodified (y-pipe & late ECU) early engine at 155whp. Don't know how much the y-pipe or ecu added powerwise but the engine was healthy as its gone on to produce 205whp.

So when I pop my later engine back into my mk2 maybe we'll shed some light on this. :icon_rr:

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmr View Post
    Well I've dyno'd a mostly unmodified (y-pipe & late ECU) early engine at 155whp. Don't know how much the y-pipe or ecu added powerwise but the engine was healthy as its gone on to produce 205whp.

So when I pop my later engine back into my mk2 maybe we'll shed some light on this. :icon_rr:
    why not just start with the 1mz with vvti? seems like a more powerfull motor to start with, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    why not just start with the 1mz with vvti? seems like a more powerfull motor to start with, no?
    Because a 3vz-fe can make more power for much less cash. The only 1mz VVTi motors in the UK are expensive (lexus GS300?) and probably only have 175-190whp, almost any tuning above basic breathing modifications is expensive. I've got 185whp with just ported heads.

Me and Joe have tuned his mk2 3vzfe from 155whp, 177whp (at zero cost) and onto 205whp without spending half what we would of spent on a VVti 1mz with associated parts.

Mine needs a few bits sorting (y-pipe & manifolds) but then hopefully it'll go even higher 210+whp. Although I may need to pop some supra injectors on to keep the duty cycles acceptable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234