Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1mz vs 1mz vvti vs 3vz vs 2gr-fe vs 2gr-fse graphs

what makes a 2gr-fe into fse and is there any way of replicating it on an fe mmmmm.

just to drop the internet hand grenade in gouky is there an offical quote for the aurion with supercharger from oz?

would that be the fze?

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    what makes a 2gr-fe into fse and is there any way of replicating it on an fe mmmmm.

just to drop the internet hand grenade in gouky is there an offical quote for the aurion with supercharger from oz?

would that be the fze?
    "fse" means direct injection. everything i can check say it should be possible to make a hybrid FSE on an FE block but someone has to invest about $4k or so to make it happen. also, the japanese people say taht the fse motor will put up to about 6psi of boost with the stock ecu. that should result in somewhere on the high side of 400-500hp

as for the fze, i haven't found any and i doubt i would. technically that motor is still an FE with a TRD kit installed on it. toyota does not call it a 2gr-fze

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    i really wanted to make sure i was comparing apples to apples for this graph to help reduce internet arguments on this topic. probably wishfull thinking, but i tried.
    Agree there are always going to be arguements.

But for accuracy maybe you could put the model of car and year in somewhere from where the data was acquired.

Just as a quick example of why it'll cause confusion as it, I believe the Camry Solara got a 200hp 1mz-fe non-VVTI.

And I still believe/hope there is 200hp factory version of the 3vzfe, cause I've got 3 of the later engines :).
    Last edited by Barronmr; 05-08-2011 at 22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmr View Post
    Agree there are always going to be arguements.

But for accuracy maybe you could put the model of car and year in somewhere from where the data was acquired.

Just as a quick example of why it'll cause confusion as it, I believe the Camry Solara got a 200hp 1mz-fe non-VVTI.

And I still believe/hope there is 200hp factory version of the 3vzfe, cause I've got 3 of the later engines :).
    i suspect you're wrong on the 200hp versions. at least when it comes to SAE-NET rated horsepower. but if you can find proof otherwse i'd like to see it.

adding the models would be good, but i'm running out of room on the chart. there's rarely more than a few HP difference between models. and times that there are (like the 3s-gte) i put both charts there.

Metric horsepowerMetric horsepower began in Germany in the 19th century and became popular across Europe and Asia.[citation needed] The various units used to indicate this definition (PS, CV, hk, pk, ks and ch) all translate to horse power in English, so it is common to see these values referred to as horsepower or hp in the press releases or media coverage of the German, French, Italian, and Japanese automobile companies. British manufacturers often intermix metric horsepower and mechanical horsepower depending on the origin of the engine in question. Sometimes the metric horsepower rating of an engine is conservative enough so that the same figure can be used for both 80/1269/EEC with metric hp and SAE J1349 with imperial hp.

Metric horsepower, as a rule, is defined as 0.73549875 kW, or roughly 98.6% of mechanical horsepower. This was a minor issue in the days when measurement systems varied widely and engines produced less power, but has become a major sticking point today. Exotic cars from Europe like the McLaren F1 and Bugatti Veyron are often quoted using the wrong definition, and their power output is sometimes even converted twice because of confusion over whether the original horsepower number was metric or mechanical.[citation needed]
    from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepo...ric_horsepower

here's an interesting chart on that:

i took my dyno chart for my car:

and overlayed it on the sae-net graph

If anyone would like me to do this with their own dyno sheet for any of the listed engines please post up your dyno sheet

Here you go the black is the 2gr and the red lines are my old 4age mk1a on the same dyno.
    Hope that helps will post up more when I've modded it more, on the list your bigger injectors, supercharger kit , then standalone also traction control and brakes not much to do then lol.

can you give me a bigger picture without perspective? (strait on)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    i suspect you're wrong on the 200hp versions. at least when it comes to SAE-NET rated horsepower. but if you can find proof otherwse i'd like to see it.
    The 3vz-fe looks to have at least 1 'revision' change.

The changes noticed so far are that ecu's have different part numbers and codes for an identical application (Camry V6 auto UK). Also I think is the valve mechanism was revised, valve springs are suspected of having lower stiffness and the shim buckets have a slightly different design (1 acces tab vs. 2). And possibly the best evidence of a power increase was that Tony (4v6) noticed that the later heads flowed better, I don't know how many heads tony bench tested but it was more than a few.

All these changes are documented on twobrutal somewhere.

So I hope we can agree that there are 2 varients of the 3vz-fe. And I think I'm right in saying I don't think the North American market got the later 3vz-fe as your Camry's switched got the 1mz-fe earilier, I'd suggest to meet a market specific set of emission regs.

And if the internet is to be believed the outputs are as below (both should be SAE):
    1992-1993 3.0 L 3VZ-FE V6, 185 hp (138 kW) at 5800 rpm with 189 ft·lbf (256 N·m) at 4600 rpm
    1994-1995 3.0 L 3VZ-FE V6, 200 hp (149 kW) at 5800 rpm with 204 ft·lbf (277 N·m) at 4600 rpm

I have a few 3vzfe prints, but all show HP at wheels and engine is *not* standard.
    Last edited by Barronmr; 07-08-2011 at 18:56. Reason: typo :)

I agree that it's entirely possible. after all, getting 67hp/L isn't a very big stretch of the imagination.

I'd be happy to overlay your graph on top of the 3vz graph I have here, but I hope you can understand why I'm not adding it to the main graph without the official documentation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast