Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: RaV6

Gouky's driveway is the length of our street!

he's definately going straight through mini roundabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    Ffs gouky mate we wouldn't get away with that over here, for one thing we don't have roads like you do when you say it's just down the road we think a couple of hundred yards, you lot think in miles lol as in "I've just been to the scrapyard 300 miles away" .
    I had my cousins come over from Canada a few years back and they thought I could come from Manchester to London on Saturday and take them back to Manchester then back to london on Sunday that's like 14 hours of driving by the time we got back to Manchester I would be turning round to go back to London, our roads aren't as straight forward as yours I still can't work out your numbering system is it evens for left and right and odds for up and down?.
    14 hours? google claims manchester-london is a 208mile drive. you realize your car has more than one gear, right? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Gouky's driveway is the length of our street!

he's definately going straight through mini roundabouts...
    the length does get a bit unweildy when navigating city streets, the whole combo is about 55 feet long and 102" wide. but it does not matter, we don't really have roundabouts here.

Wow - now this has got me interested - looking forward to pics. My Rav4 (5 door LWB version) still has the 3SFE in it (on about 130K as well). Rear diff may need some attention as I think it's leaking oil slightly, and the pushes are worn (does clunk a bit if you brake then accelerate which is apparently a classic symptom?).

Since the 3SFE is a measly 130 bhp and pretty low on torque, how does the stock rav4 tranny and diff cope with V6 power and torque?

I also always thought that the RAV was constant 4 wheel drive too...? Sure I've seen rear wheel covers saying that. It does have a diff lock on/off switch though... ;)

I must admit, despite the image I really like mine. Now that the kit car is a bit messed up and being broken, may consider V6'ing the Rav. Shame I've gone and sold my 3VZ-FE I took out of my mr2 now. Ahh well.

Ian,

You must have missed it, but when you anounced you had bought a Rav4 Mr Woods said "stick a V6 in it" or somthing like, which got me asking questions about it. I'm surprised you didnt shove the 3VZ in anyway as you had it to hand!

Cant wait to see this in action, i know its not exactly an MR2 but it would be a fab alternative for the winter months!

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Wow - now this has got me interested - looking forward to pics. My Rav4 (5 door LWB version) still has the 3SFE in it (on about 130K as well). Rear diff may need some attention as I think it's leaking oil slightly, and the pushes are worn (does clunk a bit if you brake then accelerate which is apparently a classic symptom?).

Since the 3SFE is a measly 130 bhp and pretty low on torque, how does the stock rav4 tranny and diff cope with V6 power and torque?

I also always thought that the RAV was constant 4 wheel drive too...? Sure I've seen rear wheel covers saying that. It does have a diff lock on/off switch though... ;)

I must admit, despite the image I really like mine. Now that the kit car is a bit messed up and being broken, may consider V6'ing the Rav. Shame I've gone and sold my 3VZ-FE I took out of my mr2 now. Ahh well.

i was under the impression that the rav4 uses the e-series transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    14 hours? google claims manchester-london is a 208mile drive. you realize your car has more than one gear, right? :)
    Try 70mph limit when you can go at 70, traffic and road works plus shitty 50mph speed enforcement cameras and crappy roads, the trip to Durham to see Paul is about 120 miles and that takes me 2 and a half hours on a good day, I can get from Orlando to Tampa faster than going Manchester to Birmingham and both in 2gr powered cars lol, I must admit on the freeway I was seeing 90mph when I kept looking up to see 55 limit ooops, plus you have this overtake undertake rule like playing frogger with cars we can only overtake in the right handlane, plus you have this turn left or was that right on a red as long as there's no traffic coming law.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    Try 70mph limit when you can go at 70, traffic and road works plus shitty 50mph speed enforcement cameras and crappy roads, the trip to Durham to see Paul is about 120 miles and that takes me 2 and a half hours on a good day, I can get from Orlando to Tampa faster than going Manchester to Birmingham and both in 2gr powered cars lol, I must admit on the freeway I was seeing 90mph when I kept looking up to see 55 limit ooops, plus you have this overtake undertake rule like playing frogger with cars we can only overtake in the right handlane, plus you have this turn left or was that right on a red as long as there's no traffic coming law.
    yeah, hurray to no speed cameras. lots of highways around large citties tend to flow 80-90mph and have a 55mph posted limit.

as for the leapfrog business, i sure wish it was a bit more organized, fast lanes towards the inside, slow towards the outside instead of this "i'll take whatever lane i want" business. do people get pulled over in the UK for passing in the slow lane?

right on red isn't valid in every state and think of it more generally as "you're not allowed to cross an active lane of traffic at a red light" so if you're on a one way road with another one way crossing it, you can take a left on it if there are no cars.

bug generally cops don't ever pull people over for bonehead driving. speeding, running redlights and stop signs and burnouts (aka: exhibition of speed) are about all the moving violations cops hand out.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Fizzy some rav4 owners take an easier route and just stick a 3s-gte in them, there's one guy on the Rav4 forums that has two of them, so if the rear diffs take 3s-gte power (one of them running over 300bhp) then we should be fine with the V6. The gearbox is an E series and the clutch is also Turbo spec, i've also been told the drivetrain is good for 400bhp which makes things interesting.

Your diff lock button is for the transfer case diff, that's what locks the rear wheels to the gearbox and makes it 4WD, when not used your rav4 is FWD only.

Gouky for gods sake man look at the size of that trailer! <shakes head> :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Paul,

Do you think the 3VZ would fit in the auto box version? Yes I know it's a bit 'old man' but I'm lazy when it comes to my daily driver.

And does it have a cup holder in the Rav?

And I think you should call it the RabidV6......

Him.

Sent from <insert stupid location>

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast